StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ex- moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which Pelican cases work the best on the V?..which racks are used and do the pelican cases require drilling or any modification to use as m/c side cases?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I used Givi PL528 and bolted a pair of 1550s right to them. Total cost came to about $500 (racks and cases), plus some hardware.

The Givi PLX528 are different, don't order them if you want to use the Pelicans.

I didn't drill through my Givis, but instead used U-bolts to mount the cases to the steel tubes. This creates a much stronger mount.

Peter

·
Registered
166 Posts
I used Givi PL528 and bolted a pair of 1550s right to them. Total cost came to about $500 (racks and cases), plus some hardware.

The Givi PLX528 are different, don't order them if you want to use the Pelicans.

I didn't drill through my Givis, but instead used U-bolts to mount the cases to the steel tubes. This creates a much stronger mount.

Peter
There is also a puck mount system you could use if you want something that is more easily removable.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Some of us have also gone the top loader route.
Search for posts by henerythe8th or stevet in the luggage thread.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
1550s on SWMotec EVOs....

·
Registered
166 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Do you know if that rack can be bought without the cases? I'd prefer top loading cases, even though they're smaller.
i believe Tom'll quote you a price without cases. give him a call. you do nee to make sure that whatever cases you use are large enought for the mounting hoop which are about 9 3/4" square.

·
Ex- moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmm..Pelican might not be "the" answer...but the price is right ( I can buy at dealer cost)
Thanks for all the feedback!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts