StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide on what luggage to go with. It looks like for cost, durability, and size, it is best to go with a pelican/skb setup. I ruled out the aluminum because if I go down, it will be expensive to fix/replace and I think the side loading will be easier to pack. Now I am trying to decide what racks to go with and what actual cases.

I am looking at the pelican 1660 and the skb 3I-2015-7. The pelican's are larger and I havn't seen where anyone has put these on their bike. Are they too bike for the v-strom? If they are I will just go with the skb.

I was considering going with the happy trails racks because of ease and price. I can then get the happy trails quick disconnect pucks. I have seen some mention of cracks appearing in the happy trails racks and was wondering if anyone had this happen.

I had considered the givi racks and pelican panniers, but I think the givi racks are too weak. I want something that won't bend if I go down.

Any opinions on what I have decided so far?

·
Registered
409 Posts
You can't go wrong with the SKB's and the SW Motech EVO racks. That's what I run and I couldn't be happier.

The SKB's are plenty big enough.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts