StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed Richland Rick's peg lowering kit on my V-650 just before leaving for a 1500 mile ride. I am 6-4 and 35 inseam (a giraffe). Before installing the kit my knees were good for about 2-3 hours before it was Tylenol time. Since installation my knees haven't made a peep and the only discomfort occurs in another portion of my anatomy which is further north of my knees. I highly recommend them to any rider with knee ache. They really work.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I installed Richland Rick's peg lowering kit on my V-650 just before leaving for a 1500 mile ride. I am 6-4 and 35 inseam (a giraffe). Before installing the kit my knees were good for about 2-3 hours before it was Tylenol time. Since installation my knees haven't made a peep and the only discomfort occurs in another portion of my anatomy which is further north of my knees. I highly recommend them to any rider with knee ache. They really work.
i feel your pain. 36" inseam, 6'4". i have the rr lowers. i also added the sw motech off road pegs @ twisted throttle for about $150. quality pieces. they are serrated with a rubber insert. they have 2 mounting positions which allows you to lower them about another 1/2". i have them in the lowered position with the rubbers removed which lowers them a little more. not dragging them but need to keep my toes on the pegs when getting aggressive lean angles. maybe could be a problem dragging them for some.

·
Registered
15,238 Posts
Gotta have the ergos' satisfied to be happy. The older we get the more the knees complain when we try to use them as springs.
I'm 5'7' and I think I fit the 04 Wee pretty well. Tall fellers would be cramped.
I had a friend who was 6'7" and he rode a R100S BMW. He would just walk over the bike and sit down. Very odd sight!
Like Dan Blocker on a pony!

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Totally agree about the peg lowering and also the SW Motech pegs.:thumbup:
Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts