StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the little pieces of metal are being slowly ground off by my cornering. i want to replace them with something more expendable. anyone out there in internet land make peg sliders or should i just go buy some skateboard wheels and make a trip to ACE for some proper bolts?

any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Hang off more. Take the Total Control riding class in Olympia.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
while i could do that, i would still like to replace the sliders.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Hang off more. Take the Total Control riding class in Olympia.

Seconded. With all due respect, if you're dragging parts, you're doing it wrong. You can go one hell of a lot faster without dragging stuff when you know how. :mrgreen: And you stay a lot safer when you're not using up 100% of your cornering clearance.

Another huge element is suspension setup -- if you haven't already done so, get springs on each end suited to your weight and riding style. You might also consider raising links for the rear to gain a bit more cornering clearance.

One detail I might point out: instead of lowering the front, which is what most Strommers do to improve handling (several complex reasons for this I'm skipping over here...), raise the arse end a bit, and you gain cornering clearance instead of losing it. I've been very happy with my set of 5/8" raising links from Burkhart Cycle.

To directly answer your question, just order new feelers from your local friendly Suzuki dealer. They're fairly hard steel, so there's little point in using something else. I never found anyone who sells aftermarket feelers.

On the "FOOTREST" fiche, they're listed as:
BOLT, BANK SENSOR
43576-07D01

Less than $6 each at Partshark.com

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
front is stock height, rear is raised 1". suspension is as stiff as i can get it without re-springing it.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
front is stock height, rear is raised 1". suspension is as stiff as i can get it without re-springing it.
Sounds like you have a bit of financial pain coming up, my fleet friend... speed always costs. :biggrinjester:

I use and highly recommend Sonic Springs up front. In the rear, your most cost-effective option is to contact your friendly local Sasquatch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts