StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PEEP SHOW 2019

Welcome to the Fall Peep Show 2019. Please join me at the Cupsuptic Lake Campground in Oquossoc, Maine, October 3-6, 2019, for the 7th annual Peep Show to renew old friendships, make new ones and ride the mountains of Western Maine and New Hampshire. The campsites are on the smaller side, so the owners have asked us to restrict each site to two people/tents/bikes per campsite. Reservations are now open!

DATE: October 3-6, 2019

Reservations: 2019 RESERVATIONS are now open. Call 207-864-5249

Meals...Friday night's meal will be at the Red Onion, 2511 Main St, Rangeley at approx 5pm. If you're arriving late you'll find the group there. Saturday's meal will be at Sarge's Pub, 2454 Main St, Rangeley at approx 5pm. I'll try to do catered meals for Breakfast and Supper on Saturday if enough riders sign up early. Menus and prices TBD.

Campground Link: Cupsuptic Lake Campground

Weather Link: Rangeley Weather

Foliage Link:Foliage Map

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Thanks for hosting again! I will play it by ear come next September, depending on the weather forecast. If it's wet and cold I will probably pass. If its nice, there is RT 16 to explore again :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Thanks Pete,
I will be there. I am going to ask Mike and Jim who came with me last time. I will keep in touch. Now if I can only fit in N.S. to next season's riding.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'd like to ride Nova Scotia! :)
g

·
Registered
566 Posts
Gary, we may be able to get a small group of riders together to go to N.S.
We can chat it up at Mohawk. :)
Is it May yet???
Ride safe, whenever ya next ride.
g

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Good

ALSO NEVA or is it dead

Right now it’s in limbo. No one has stepped up as of this date. I have my own 2 events I’m hosting plus a very busy travel schedule this summer so I’m not able to plan a 3rd.

*Update...Looks like Syd is starting a thread. It's going to happen!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Thanks much for hosting again, Pete!
I love this event and look forward to it. I'm in for a cabin tent too. My knees really appreciate not sleeping on the ground.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Gary, we may be able to get a small group of riders together to go to N.S.
I hope you go, especially if you haven't been. The Cabot Trail has been getting a major re-work the past couple years and should be done this year. I'm happy to share recommendations for stops, campgrounds, etc. Been there a half dozen times, taken the different ferry options.
I think the fast ferry (Cat) is running out of Portland again this year. If not, out of Bar Harbor and if time is a constraint, it's a little time saver and breaks up the trip a little too. Take the Atlantic side from Yarmouth. There's cool stuff to see in Lunenburg, Mahone Bay and St. Margaret's Bay.
Better stop there before I start to ramble...

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Cat ferry running from Portland this year.

Just received this, good through TODAY only:
https://www.ferries.ca/booking/reservation/return
3 1/2 hours from Portland to Yarmouth, NS. For the heck of it, I chose mid-season dates to make sure it applied. It does - but only going. No discount on the return.
Actually, that's my preference anyway. My main reason to take a ferry is for the "something different" factor. It's normally $200. each way for a bike and one rider. With the discount, it's $180.

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
I want to come but if its 40 and raining no one should go

Baring that where are we , Torontonians have other commitments

thanks for doing NEVA

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Has anyone reserved a tent cabin yet? I would be happy to share a tent with anyone who wants to lead the way and reserve a tent. IIRC, there are 4 cots to a tent.

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Sucks. I just found out I have to go to Chicago, and will not be back in time to attend.:crying2: In fact, I had just reserved a cabin tent just prior to finding out about this trip to Chicago. I will surely miss this event, and am sure you guys will have an awesome time as usual. Please make sure to see a moose for me. There is a small chance my plans change last minute, and if I can get away on Thursday, I may show.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
I have a family event that is going to have to take priority. Maybe next year for me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 47 Posts