Strom Trooper banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welcome to the Fall Peep Show 2017

Please join Gini and I at the Cupsuptic Campground in Oquossoc, Maine, Sept 21-24, for our 5th annual gathering to renew old friendships, make new ones and ride the mountains of Western Maine and New Hampshire.

The campsites are on the smaller side, so the owners have asked us to restrict each site to no more than two people/tents/bikes per campsite. Reservations are now open and you'll get a 10% discount if you mention you're with the Fall Peep Show motorcycle group.

Meals...Friday night's meal will be at the Red Onion, approx 5pm. The catered meal seemed to go well so I'm planning on having breakfast (7-8am) and Supper (6-7pm) catered on Saturday. Menus and prices TBD.

DATE: Sept 21 - 24

Reservations: 2017 RESERVATIONS START ON JAN 16th. Call 207-864-5249

Campground Link: Cupsuptic Lake Campground

Weather Link: Rangeley Weather

Foliage Link: Foliage Map

Attachments

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Date has been changed to deconflict with Yom Kippur. New date is previous week Sept 21-24.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Thanks Pete and Jinny! The Peep Show has become a much anticipated highlight of my weekend campouts.

It's a great, easy day's drive up and back for me, and the company is magnificant.

Let's be pro-active about noise levels being respected after the universally practiced 10 PM for campgrounds? I think I speak for the majority when I say I come to these events to 1. ride and 2.catch up with my riding buds. Those who attended last year will remember the campsite that carried on with music and loud voices well into the night. It's too bad when an entitled, inconsiderate, and oblivious few leave their neighbor, lying in their sleeping bags, gritting teeth instead of sleeping. Getting shit faced is no excuse not to cut the music and lower your voice, out of respect for those around you. I was 3 campsites away too, so I applaud the restraint of those closer to the source. I hope that b.s. doesn't happen again. I hope that's "enough said".

You just reminded me, one of us needs to set up the Mohawk Trail campout and reciprocate a good campout weekend for you guys! :wink2:
I'll see if Gary is willing to reserve the group site again. If not, I'll do it!
Steve

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Off topic, but gpscity.com is having a smoking hot deal on leftover Zumo590's... $549.95

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey everyone....the Peep Show 2017 is next month. Make sure to signup on the sheet or let me know who's coming and I'll add ya!
And yes...there will be dickles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Routes are loaded. See link in initial posting.

With one month to go, only 5 attendees have signed up, so there'll be no catered meals this year, but more likely Gini will cook again...lol.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Seems all are out riding and not planning? I am an absolute definitely maybe this year, unfortunately. Will see closer to the date. At least I have 2 new tires in the garage still to be mounted, so there is hope.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I tried to call for a wooden cabin, i was a lil shocked at the prices.

And that there were no cabins lol.

Btw there was only one tent available when i called wed.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It's too bad when an entitled, inconsiderate, and oblivious few leave their neighbor, lying in their sleeping bags, gritting teeth instead of sleeping. Getting shit faced is no excuse not to cut the music and lower your voice, out of respect for those around you. I was 3 campsites away too, so I applaud the restraint of those closer to the source. I hope that b.s. doesn't happen again. I hope that's "enough said".
Steve, you'll be happy to know that Cap I and I won't be there this year so this is not something you'll need to worry about! We're going to CroMag instead (I can't do both).

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Sorry not to see you Rob! I don't have a problem with you at all!
it's the behavior you choose to display - and the people you (we) choose to associate with. There's a reason campgrounds have a quiet curfew. We choose to be inconsiderate at our own peril.

·
Registered
167 Posts
WooHoo...I am going to make the trip. I am travelling from Ottawa ON on the Friday.
I am trailering the V-strom this trip. Will hopefully enjoy a great day Saturday bike riding with you all.
I may have another rider with me as well. Time will tell.

·
Registered
167 Posts
If you are in eastern ON or western PQ and looking to go but do not want to ride out, there is room on the trailer and in the cab of truck if you want to hitch a ride.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Anybody made reservation for a cabin tent and still have room to share?

Or anybody else wanting to share a cabin tent (assuming there is one left, did not check)?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have a cabin tent and so does Evan1 (Mathew). Gini had knee surgery last week so she's definitely not riding and is unsure if she'll be staying overnight and Mathew is solo as far as I know so there are plenty of cots up for grabs!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22,227 Posts
I was really looking forward to this, but health issues are preventing me from riding at all, no driving either, the most I have been able to get in is a little bit of time on my UTV

maybe soon, just have one of my meds kicking my ass. too much, not enuf, wrong kind, ?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts