StromTrooper banner
41 - 60 of 94 Posts
Hope to see a bunch of you coming through for the Oregon 500 on Saturday. I won't be able to ride on Saturday since I'll be doing setup and then stationed at one of the tables during checkout. Scheduled for the 50/50 - Mileage Guess table. Please say hello as you stop at that table.

Discussion starter · #42 ·
RC500

Couldn't do the 500 this year, but out of curiosity, which direction did it go?

General direction: to the coast and south. It was a really good ride.

A little more specific:
99W/18 to Lincoln City.
101 to Coos Bay.
E on 42.
L on Reston Rd (near Tenmile)
R on Coos Bay Wagon Rd
L on Flounoy Valley Rd
L on Melrose Rd
L on Melqua Rd
R on Hubbard Creek Rd
L on Tyee Rd
L on 138
R on 38
N on I-5 back to Tigard

Discussion starter · #44 ·
Nice! I was expecting "south". Thanks for the details. You had awesome weather. Nice for a change.

Yes, the weather was much better than it has been and over 200 bikes went out. 250 was dismal this year. 500 was dismal last year. It's the NW. Sometimes we hit it right, sometimes not so much. I remember my first 250 with you and Berzerker and a few others (I think that would have been 2007). The year we went out through Vernonia to Astoria and then back on the WA side. We got some rain on that one though overall it was good.

Discussion starter · #46 ·
RC250

Yes, I remember that one. Sun, rain, snow, sun. We got it all. Good thing we were geared up for it, not like that young sport bike couple in jeans and sneakers huddled around the hand dryer at that park we stopped at. Good times.

I remember them! Could not imagine how they (particularly she) were surviving. Classic example of not being prepared for the ride. Good to be young, I guess.

Discussion starter · #49 ·
Who scheduled rain for Saturday? Your fired!

It's frustrating...I'm free and would love to get together on Saturday, but we're supposed to get significant rain. Same for Sunday. I'm up for breakfast though.

Discussion starter · #51 ·
Saturday ride

I'm free until 2:00pm on Saturday. Anybody interested in meeting up for a ride and a bite?

Discussion starter · #53 ·
Lunch or Breakfast?

So, let's do a ride this Saturday. Question is, do we want a lunch or a breakfast. I would like to meet at the West Lynn exit (exit 6 on 205). If we want breakfast, there is a Biscuits restaurant on the north side. If we want lunch, we can meet at the McDonald on the south side and have lunch later. Either way, let's meet at 9:00am.
So, what are you in the mood for? I vote lunch.

Discussion starter · #55 ·
Saturday Ride

Since no other votes were cast, I will be at the McD's at 9:00.

Discussion starter · #59 ·
Hope some of the "dog sitting" turns into some "dog sledding". Have fun.

Discussion starter · #60 ·
Spirit Run Poker Run

My American Legion Riders chapter is putting on a poker run from Newberg to Spirit Mountain where the "Rally in the Valley" motorcycle event is taking place. The route takes you through some of the small towns you would normally pass on your way down 99W/Hwy18. The format is like the RC250 in that they are unmanned stops. If you do the return route (different), you can get an extra card for you hand(s). Hope to see some of you there.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.