StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be getting a dyno tune and custom map for PCV this coming Saturday, 3 Sept 2011. My bike is a completely stock K9 Vee. Currently running the base map from Dynojet but it appears to be a bit rich. Power is good but mileage dropped about 15%. Will see what happens with a custom dyno run.

I'll post the new map after it is done.:thumbup:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also wonder if anyone has tried using PCIII maps in a PCV? I know the difference between the two is the PCIII use 500 rpm incements and the PCV 250 rpm increments. Would that make much of a difference?

Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
K9 Vee Custom PCV Map

I will be getting a dyno tune and custom map for PCV this coming Saturday, 3 Sept 2011. My bike is a completely stock K9 Vee. Currently running the base map from Dynojet but it appears to be a bit rich. Power is good but mileage dropped about 15%. Will see what happens with a custom dyno run.

I'll post the new map after it is done.:thumbup:
Got the dyno tune done yesterday, attched is the map. This is for a 100% stock K9 Vee.:hurray:

The engine feels very smooth throughout the rpm range. Get hard on the throttle and the :jawdrop: factor sets in. Got some really funny looks from folks on the highway coming back from the shop when I hammered the throttle and went zooming by their cars just holding onto the handlebars and feet flailling in the wind.:thumbup: Need I say NICE improvement on the zoom factor?:biggrinjester:

Horsepower went from 90.02 to 93.54 and torque from 86.97 to 89.36. These figures started from the Dynojet "base" map supplied with the PCV, again for a fully 100% stock K9 Vee, USA spec bike. Would have been interesting to see what the numbers would have been off a baseline Suzuki ECU mapping.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Power Commander V

Howdy,
Have seen a lot of info on the PowCom 3, but nothing (at least that I can find so far) on the PowCom V(5). Any maps for it? I'm trying to head out of town on my first over-nighter on my DL-1000 on Friday Morning. Would love to have some appropriate mapping for the stock 49-state bike that she is.
:confused:THANKS!!!
Radames http://www.stromtrooper.com/images/moresmilies/new_confused2.gif

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
If you read the OP's posts again you will find a map for a PC-V.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts