StromTrooper banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Good to know, sounds like that's the right map for your bike.

I tried that map in my 2007, and it didn't seem to help the sub-4k rpm surging. However, it still smelled rich all the time, and the fuel economy went to shite.

·
Registered
56 Posts
QUESTION: does anyone have a PCV map for a 2012 DL1000 (think it's L2 if I understand correctly) with K&N air, for the POST-factory map improvement? When I bought the bike new it ran for crap so I got a PCV and used its default map and it ran much better but a bit rich. Then I found out about the Suzuki factory upgrade for a new map on this forum somewhere, and took the bike in and demanded that they fix my bike. They did, but afterwards it ran REALLY rich so I loaded the PCV zero map and have been riding it this way ever since. It is a bit lean now and has occasional exhaust pops that I would like to get rid of. Thus my question if anyone has developed a map for adjusting this updated factory map to make it a tad bit richer where it is needed. I don't have access or money for a dyno test and all that jazz. Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Anyone have a pic of the harness from the PC5 that fits the Vee?

I got a used PC5 for my SV on fleabay but I'm pretty sure it's not for my bike. only 3 connector sets. No ignition taps or no model number on it either. 20-041 is what it's supposed to be.

I figured it out. It's for a Suzuki SFV 650 2009-2010. Hide notes was on so it didn't say what was in the PC5.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Map for 2003

Hello,
does somebody have a Map for a:

Dl1000
2002/03
stock exhaust
stock airfilter
no secondarys

Thanks a lot
Best regards from Germany

·
Registered
31 Posts
So since these are PCV specific maps, does that mean are designed to take advtantage of the PC upgrades (between the III and the V)? Or is it just PC3 maps converted to PCV format?

Asking because my PC3 died, ordered a new PCV, and debating between using my old map (Can’t remember if it was Chef’s or Criscokid), or if a PCV specific map would make more sense. Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just let them install it and they will use a map from Dynojet web site. That will get you rolling good but you can play around with maps here if you want to test the waters. I got my PC-V from Fuel Moto and installed it myself with their map. Part of their service is to help you with better maps. Like you, I wanted better mileage also so I called them and they e-mailed me a new map that help with mileage but was able to keep performance. Regardless, you should really like your bike when you get it back.
Hey, how did the Fuel Moto map work out for you? I know it’s been a while, but i just ordered a PCV from them for my 2005.

·
Registered
231 Posts
So since these are PCV specific maps, does that mean are designed to take advtantage of the PC upgrades (between the III and the V)? Or is it just PC3 maps converted to PCV format?

Asking because my PC3 died, ordered a new PCV, and debating between using my old map (Can’t remember if it was Chef’s or Criscokid), or if a PCV specific map would make more sense. Thanks
Post #8 (toward end of post) in this thread gives some info on how to use pcIII maps on a pcV . I'm not positive but I think it just converts to pcV format. I've used a few pcIII maps in the pcV on my K3 and they seem to work fine.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Hey, how did the Fuel Moto map work out for you? I know it’s been a while, but i just ordered a PCV from them for my 2005.
I'm still using it and have no complaints with it. Could it be better? Probably.
Ideally I would love to have it tuned.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm still using it and have no complaints with it. Could it be better? Probably.
Ideally I would love to have it tuned.
Have you tried any of the popular PCIII maps like Chef’s, Criscokid, monkey gras, or exleper (my favorite)? I’d love to hear about a comparison between PC3 maps and PC5-specific maps if you have

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Have you tried any of the popular PCIII maps like Chef’s, Criscokid, monkey gras, or exleper (my favorite)? I’d love to hear about a comparison between PC3 maps and PC5-specific maps if you have
Unfortunately I have not. Hell, I had to get my son to download the new map that FM sent me since I did not have a laptop.
Now that I have a laptop I may try some of these maps. I really never thought about playing around with these maps but hey, why not?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Unfortunately I have not. Hell, I had to get my son to download the new map that FM sent me since I did not have a laptop.
Now that I have a laptop I may try some of these maps. I really never thought about playing around with these maps but hey, why not?
Nice! The laptop needs to run Windows. I’m screwed because I only own a Mac haha. Wish I could play with the maps more. I really recommend Exleper’s map on Page 22 of the PC3 map thread. Anyway, thanks for the info!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice! The laptop needs to run Windows. I’m screwed because I only own a Mac haha. Wish I could play with the maps more. I really recommend Exleper’s map on Page 22 of the PC3 map thread. Anyway, thanks for the info!
You can use the power commander software on a Mac. You just need virtual box (free) and a windows virtual machine image from microsoft (also free). Then just install the power commander software on to the Windows virtual machine, plug in your power commander to the Mac usb and tell virtual box to use that usb port.

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/

This is actually the only way I have ever used the power commander software. If you decide to try it and stumble along the way, let me know and I can help troubleshoot.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Is anyone running an Auto Tune with their PCV? It seem like the price of the AT is about what a dyno run would cost you. I do find it curious on the PC site they suggest a single O2 sensor model. Wouldn't we want a dual so it could tune each cylinder individually?

81 - 96 of 96 Posts