StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ask and ye shall receive, and this thread is for PCV maps "ONLY" any PCIII maps shared will be deleted. The PCIII maps must be converted to work in a PCV, so this will simplify matters for sure.

Brian

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive, and this thread is for PCV maps "ONLY" any PCIII maps shared will be deleted. The PCIII maps must be converted to work in a PCV, so this will simplify matters for sure.

Brian
Brian, I just tried to upload three maps and I suspect the file extension is not letting me. Any idea what I can change it to allow it to upload please?
Dene

·
Super Moderator
16,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sure don't, hopefully somebody can help you. I believe the files are mostly ZIP files in the PCIII sticky?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I sure don't, hopefully somebody can help you. I believe the files are mostly ZIP files in the PCIII sticky?
I unzipped them and converted to V and here they sit. I've tried lots and for all that it matters the worst one was the stock one from Dynojet's site. It offered poor mileage and the bike was lethargic. Tried a few other custom maps and much much better, (also tried their zero map and the bike felt like I had a 500lb passenger onboard). Then I put on some free flowing Delkevic 18" silencers the other day and tried Dynojets map for Two Brothers and just about pooped myself. Still grinning hours later and on my second glass of wine!

·
Super Moderator
16,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well if this thread does not start getting files attached soon and or more traffic, I will be unsticking or possibly deleting it. I will give it a week or so, if the interest does not pick up, then it really makes no sense to have it for just a few members. Most everyone has a PCIII, so the interest in PCV is pretty low I would imagine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm thinking of getting a Power Commander, and as the III is getting harder to find i'm going to HAVE to get a V... unless it really would be worth my time waiting for a III to rear it's head?

From a quick google it does appear to be a simple case of either

A: opening the PCIII file in the PCV software, then re-saving it.
B: opening a blank PCV file and copy+pasting the PCIII values into it - the only downside the is PCV has a 15% column which needs to be filled, but this can be done by averaging the 10% and 20% columns from the PCIII map?

So is there any downside to getting a PCV over a PCIII if someone can juse use the known-good maps from the PCIII thread??

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm thinking of getting a Power Commander, and as the III is getting harder to find i'm going to HAVE to get a V... unless it really would be worth my time waiting for a III to rear it's head?

From a quick google it does appear to be a simple case of either

A: opening the PCIII file in the PCV software, then re-saving it.
B: opening a blank PCV file and copy+pasting the PCIII values into it - the only downside the is PCV has a 15% column which needs to be filled, but this can be done by averaging the 10% and 20% columns from the PCIII map?

So is there any downside to getting a PCV over a PCIII if someone can juse use the known-good maps from the PCIII thread??
If you never plan to buy an Auto-Tune or use any of the other PCV functions that the DL really doesn't need, Power Commander has introduced a newer fuel controller called PCFC (or Power Commander FC) that uses PCV maps. Street price is about $200. I don't have one so I can't comment on how great it is or isn't. I have a PCV.

To quote their website:
"Product Overview
The Power Commander FC is a new plug-n-play fuel management device pre-programmed with Make/ Model specific maps. In addition the Power Commander FC has the added ability to modify or change these maps on the fly without a computer.
Users can literally select between a Power Commander FC Map, custom-built maps, or even fine tune low, mid or high rpm ranges while sitting on the bike and without plugging into a computer. Standard +/- 10% increments from selected map settings, different ranges are available using the supplied Control Center software.
Users can also load up to 10 of their personally built Power Maps into the Power Commander FC and select between them while in the saddle - eliminating the need to "re-boot" with the computer every time a new map is desired.
PCFC Features:
- Uses OEM style connectors and high quality wiring harnesses
- Small, lightweight and easy-to-fit on the bike
- Pre-programmed with PCFC Power Maps specific to make, model
- No computer necessary for modifying fuel management
- Fully adjustable computer compatibility for ultimate tuning and personalization
- Software is compatible with Power Commander, so you can download Power Commander maps to the PCFC
- Integrated O2 Optimizer where Applicable
- +250 / -100 fuel change. Enough adjustment to cover almost all modifications
- Enhanced “accel pump” utility (increased adjustment and sensitivity ranges). When you need to adjust your fuel curve for quick throttle inputs."

As far as using PCIII maps in a PCV, it's easier than either of those options. You just open the PC5 program, click FILE, and then click IMPORT PCIIIUSB MAP. It does everything for you. Click SAVE MAP if you like it and want to keep it in PCV format. If not, just close it. You will find most of the PCIII maps out there are setup with the same rpm increments as PCV maps. It's so easy that I don't think I understand the need for another map thread.

What might be really useful to some folks is a single post in a single sticky thread with links to all the maps spread throughout the site. Maybe with a short, sweet note or description of what it is and who it came from.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the Info on the PCFC!

and regarding -
As far as using PCIII maps in a PCV, it's easier than either of those options. You just open the PC5 program, click FILE, and then click IMPORT PCIIIUSB MAP. It does everything for you. Click SAVE MAP if you like it and want to keep it in PCV format. If not, just close it. You will find most of the PCIII maps out there are setup with the same rpm increments as PCV maps. It's so easy that I don't think I understand the need for another map thread.
BOOM! that's exactly what I wanted to hear :) Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
PCV Maps Part 1

Ok. Hopefully at less than great personal risk, here are some compiled maps from the PCIII Map Thread, in PCV format.

They all have a modified file name to indicate who's map it was originally and have a .txt extension since some folks had a hard time with .zip files. When you download these and save them to your computer, simply RENAME them with a .PVM extension.

I hope that doesn't confuse too many people. The reason for this is that the board will only let you attach certain types of files and .pvm isn't one of them.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
PCV Maps Part 3

I bought an 09 last year that came with Akras, PCV, and 6500 miles on it...this was the map installed at the time. My bro bought a brand new 12 last year and a brand new PCV from FuelMoto. It came with this exact same map on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Moto mummy has the pcv on sale right now for $259 and free shipping so I might have to bite the bullet

I've heard the stock maps aren't great but I don't know that I want to pay an extra $40-50 to buy it from fuel moto.

Any feedback?

Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
Moto mummy has the pcv on sale right now for $259 and free shipping so I might have to bite the bullet

I've heard the stock maps aren't great but I don't know that I want to pay an extra $40-50 to buy it from fuel moto.

Any feedback?

Thanks
The stock Dynojet DL1000 map didn't fit very well with my stock configuration at all. Not good mpg's at all, however I stuck on a set of lighter and louder mufflers (Delkevics), and loaded the Dynojet map for 2 Bros and the bike is great.
I attached a map for you that works very well. Change the extension to a .pvm to make it valid. (I had to change it to be able to attach it).

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm thinking about a PCV soon.
I'm gonna need a map.
I haven't checked what SVRacing is selling them for. Are their maps
Any good? Worth paying more for ?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm thinking about a PCV soon.
I'm gonna need a map.
I haven't checked what SVRacing is selling them for. Are their maps
Any good? Worth paying more for ?
I wouldn't pay for one, (a map) & I recently got my Commander from MotoMummy, best deal at the time. Fuelmoto helps you out with Harely maps when you buy the PowerVision off them so I would assume they treat non-Harley purchasers the same with the PCV's, (just guessing).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2012 DL 1000 all stock, and am evaluating what PCV maps are available. Question: Can I run maps from older bikes on my 2012 without doing damage, and can I expect to see any benefits, or is it a no no?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do you already have a PCV or PCFC?

The reason I ask is that there is a service letter for the 2012's (can be found here somewhere) that if the customer complains about running issues, they will replace the ecu with an updated one and also replace the plugs with iridium plugs. Supposedly this will fix driveability issues for most people on a '12.

Beyond that, you can easily run a map from an '06 and up without much fuss. You will find that the majority of the maps are super rich and will drop your around town mileage to about 33ish mpg. The exhaust will smell of partially burnt fuel as well.

I have an '09 which is pretty much identical to a '12 with exception of a few cosmetics. I bought it used with 6500 miles on it and the PO had installed Akra pipes and a PCV. After some research, I found the map that came installed was a Fuel Moto map. It was way too rich for my particular bike. With no PCV installed, mine runs great except it has a lean stumble below 4000 rpm and a bit of a lean miss at any steady rpm 4000 and under. I've toyed with a lot of maps and ultimately all of them were way too rich. So I've been working with my own map. It's basically a zero map from 4250 rpm and up. It runs pretty decent, pulls strong, and still yields about 36mpg around town for me. I have a dual map switch setup so I have been able to compare my map to many others. Thus far I have found that above 4250 rpm, I can't tell the difference between my map (again, zeros at this rpm range) and ANY other map. Below 4250, at most RPMs my map pulls a little better than ANY of the others I've tried. They all seem to be so rich in that range that throttle response seems sluggish until it gets to 4000. I will post it up when I'm sure I'm happy with it.

As a side thought to that, I purchased mine used and it wasn't stock. The PO may have had a Yoshi box put to it or they may have had Suzuki do something to it. I have no way of knowing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok. I'm relatively happy with this one. Like I said previously, I bought my 09 used with low miles, a pcv, and an akra exhaust installed. I bought it from a dealer, so I have no way of knowing if the PO ever hit the ecu with a yoshi box or anything of the like. Every map I have tried has been stupid rich up through about 4500 rpm at all throttle settings. Some so much so that it bogs if I hit the throttle too hard. I have it set just high enough to get rid of any stumble or miss and to pull cleanly from 3000 up in higher gears on my machine, but may not come anywhere near that on someone else's bike.

It is a composite of a few other maps and then leaned appropriately for my own use. It is not leaner than stock for the most part, just leaner than most of the other maps posted. Just like the others, save to your computer and rename with .pvm file extension to make it work.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 96 Posts