StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Arrow collector coming my way and debating if I'll get the PCV to maximize the performance (I'm more after sound than performance). I see that there's map available for the 14 on the Arrow website, can I use it with my 18?

Shop with dyno is the only other solution or there's other map to download that I didn't find.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Please let us know how the booster plug work out. I’m interested in finding out about your results- how the bike runs with setup, fuel consumption, popping on decelerations with after market can...

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please let us know how the booster plug work out. I’m interested in finding out about your results- how the bike runs with setup, fuel consumption, popping on decelerations with after market can...
I had to remove it when the temperature started to fall under 10c (50f). The bike would stall when cold and my fuel consumption was about the same as my truck on the highway (10.5l/100km or 22.4mpg) according to the computer... after removing it the stalling problem was gone and fuel consumption was much better but still higher than when warmer but this is normal I believe.

I sent an email to Booster plug and they said it was not their product at fault and that the bike must had other issues. They mentioned the TPS, but never managed to check it before storing it for winter.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
16,792 Posts
My guess is on the booster plug, highly doubtful anything wrong with your Strom. The only true solution for fuel management is a PCV, although I have doubts you are even needing that on your bike. You are just not going to squeeze any realistic increase in HP and torque on the 650's with an exhaust system, having them sound appropriate and losing a bit of weight are the real advantages.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Big-B, I think he has a V2.

Basshead, I am also running a "Boosterplug" and on my last trip to the peep show in Maine we had real cold mornings, certainly lower than 10*C. I did not have any stalling problems. Did not monitor the fuel consumption but nothing indicated that there was anything seriously wrong. But we did not do short trip type riding, so basically just a couple of warmups per day at the most. Mine is a 2014 V2, about 40k.

·
Administrator
16,792 Posts
Yup my bad, in that case I highly recommend a PCV over anything else.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Don't waste your money on a PCV. Get a PCFC for a lot less and it will do EXACTLY the same thing. I cannot for the life of me understand why people still buy PCVs or any other specific PC product when we have no use at all for most of the expensive features they have. All we want is fuel adjustability and the PCFC gives you that for a lot less money. It uses the very same maps that the others do.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Why is there any need at all for just a slip on if your not going to a full exhaust? The bike is not going to run lean using just a slip on and you have O2 sensors which will adjust the fueling for slight changes. The stock ECU will adjust itself up to A certain percentage. The throttle is already smooth and the stock fueling seems spot on so why mess with it. What gains will be achieved with just a slip on using a fuel processor or are you running a full exhaust? I've ran slip one on numerous sport bikes with Zero fuel issues with stock mapping. Last bike I went with a full exhaust and had it flashed.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why is there any need at all for just a slip on if your not going to a full exhaust? The bike is not going to run lean using just a slip on and you have O2 sensors which will adjust the fueling for slight changes. The stock ECU will adjust itself up to A certain percentage. The throttle is already smooth and the stock fueling seems spot on so why mess with it. What gains will be achieved with just a slip on using a fuel processor or are you running a full exhaust? I've ran slip one on numerous sport bikes with Zero fuel issues with stock mapping. Last bike I went with a full exhaust and had it flashed.

I'm going full Arrow exhaust that's why I asked, but I can only find map for 2014-2016 (20-046-003 Arrow full system Stock air filter) and it doesn't say if it's for the catted or uncatted version.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm going full Arrow exhaust that's why I asked, but I can only find map for 2014-2016 (20-046-003 Arrow full system Stock air filter) and it doesn't say if it's for the catted or uncatted version.
Ah, ok. Yes indeed, need to add fuel for a full system.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts