StromTrooper banner

21 - 40 of 351 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Anyone have Fuelmoto's map for a stock 03? Currently running the dynojet stock 03 map and it's almost what I want but before tinkering with it I would like to try the fuelmoto map.

Thanks,
Bob

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Anyone have Fuelmoto's map for a stock 03? Currently running the dynojet stock 03 map and it's almost what I want but before tinkering with it I would like to try the fuelmoto map.

Thanks,
Bob

Try the latest map I just posted. An '02 owner tried it, and pulled his bike from the sale add it worked so well.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Chef, About to try your $200 map! Since so many say it is a phenomonal map, was curious if you took a big hit in mpg?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I talked with my Suzuki Dealer yesterday and he told me to throw away my power commander and that he could map the the bike on the orginal equipment to run better than the PC. Has anyone done this and did it work?
I've tried both the Yosh and Teka boxes on my 2002 with some noticeable improvement. With the Yosh box my mileage went down in around town riding. I just installed a PCIII and had it mapped. The bike has never run better and the gas mileage seems to be okay. I was told by a local performance shop the the PC has a lot more adjustability. It is also a lot easier to go in and make any small changes you might find needed.

Staintune exhaust, K&N filter, secondaries removed and PAIRS capped off.

·
Super Moderator
16,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I still get into the mid 40's with my map, and my bike flat out hauls butt. I am using a "modified" Leo Vince map from Fuel Moto, and would be happy to share it with anyone who is interested. Just becuase you don't have aftermarket exhausts, doesn't mean your bike still won't run great.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Chef, About to try your $200 map! Since so many say it is a phenomonal map, was curious if you took a big hit in mpg?
My mpg are horrible any way and they stayed about the same. 35mpg is what I get on my commute. I get 40 on long rides. My wrist is the problem not the bike.

Sorry for the late response I broke my ankle and been unconnected for 2 weeks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
regarding this :

----------------------------

I still get into the mid 40's with my map, and my bike flat out hauls butt. I am using a "modified" Leo Vince map from Fuel Moto, and would be happy to share it with anyone who is interested. Just becuase you don't have aftermarket exhausts, doesn't mean your bike still won't run great.

I'm interested -- have a DL1K with Remus cans.... using a map which helped (smoothed out the flat spot btwn 3~4k) but am not getting mid-40's.

Like the better throttle response, but not at a cost of ~8mpg....

Thanks!

Timojhen

·
Registered
231 Posts
regarding this :

I'm interested -- have a DL1K with Remus cans.... using a map which helped (smoothed out the flat spot btwn 3~4k) but am not getting mid-40's.

Like the better throttle response, but not at a cost of ~8mpg....

Thanks!

Timojhen
Cheff`s custom map was done with Remus cans.. I have it on my bike now and was a major improvement over the pc provided maps !

Yet if you look at the map, seems to be leaner than the stock pc usb III map in some parts. I really dont get how this works, though lean was a problem in our bikes.

If you find a kick ass one for remus, let me know :)

·
Registered
340 Posts

I would like to try that map!! Stock '05 except for secondaries removed -even the same color :)

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Cheff`s custom map was done with Remus cans.. I have it on my bike now and was a major improvement over the pc provided maps !

Yet if you look at the map, seems to be leaner than the stock pc usb III map in some parts. I really dont get how this works, though lean was a problem in our bikes.

If you find a kick ass one for remus, let me know :)
Just to clarify, my custom map was done with stock exhaust. Lots of guys are running it even with aftermarket cans, and it runs much better than the stock maps.

Custom mapping totally transformed my bike for the better.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Just to clarify, my custom map was done with stock exhaust. Lots of guys are running it even with aftermarket cans, and it runs much better than the stock maps.

Custom mapping totally transformed my bike for the better.
The description of the map sais :

2005 DL1000 V-Strom
Remus Exhaust
Stock filter
Secondary Throttle plates removed
F/A ratio of 13.4-13.8 by * at Dyno Jet, 6/1/2006
improved HP to 94 from 90 at the wheel
reduced extra fuel at low loads, 3750-4500 rpm for economy cruise

Not the same map ?

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Sorry for the confusion. I did post that map, I got that one from someone else that had Remus and had his bike custom dyno. I also posted a map from a dyno session from my '06. This one was done with stock cans and K&N filter.

Here is a link to it. This one is the best map for my bike, and the users that have tried it have liked it as well.

http://www.stromtrooper.com/forums/showpost.php?p=148853&postcount=35

·
Registered
231 Posts
Cheff`s maps test in my bike

I tested Cheff`s custom map for about 10 days.
mpg average was 36

Nice map, but i think it runs a bit lean with my remus pipes.

:)

2k5 dl1000
Remus cans
1700 miles
stock filter/secondaries
tbs tsp done.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sorry for the confusion. I did post that map, I got that one from someone else that had Remus and had his bike custom dyno. I also posted a map from a dyno session from my '06. This one was done with stock cans and K&N filter.

Here is a link to it. This one is the best map for my bike, and the users that have tried it have liked it as well.

http://www.stromtrooper.com/forums/showpost.php?p=148853&postcount=35
Now i m really confusded :) thats the map i used (compared both and are the same).
I followed your link, still sais 05 remus pipes etc.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Now i m really confusded :) thats the map i used (compared both and are the same).
I followed your link, still sais 05 remus pipes etc.
LOL I just looked at the description for it, and it sure says "05 with Remus" LOL

I assure it is not!! It was done with a stock '06 with K&N.

Good map even with the wrong description though. LOL

I just took a look and all my maps have the same description :(

I will fix this and edit my posted maps.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
With that big over look on my part, I can see why everyone is confused.

This maps where made with a dyno and '05 bike. That's where my description came from that now appears on all my maps LOL

http://www.stromtrooper.com/forums/showpost.php?p=114734&postcount=9

One of them is for economy, one is power and the 3rd is an average of the economy with the fuelmoto map.

·
Registered
63 Posts
After doing my tb sycnc and adjusting the secondaries my bike would still stumble a bit at certain rpm. I bought a used PC3 USB and loaded the stock fuel moto map from this forum into it.

Runs like a charm. I am very happy.

Can't say that the butt dyno senses and increase in HP or torque but it is much smoother, espeacially at low rpm.

21 - 40 of 351 Posts