StromTrooper banner

41 - 60 of 485 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
A guy on Advrider tried it with his '02 that he had for sale on their board. He said it helped so much he pulled the add. I would definitely give it a try, because I love the way the bikes runs with it.
Ok, will do and hopefully this weekend. If MonkeyGrass says it's good, then it must be quite a map. Really excited about this one.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
I tried Cheff's map and can honestly say it is the best "mod" I have done to the bike. I still have some of the low rpm surge but it is way smoother all over the rpm range.
Cheff, we need to meet and settle my beer debt.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I tried Cheff's map and can honestly say it is the best "mod" I have done to the bike. I still have some of the low rpm surge but it is way smoother all over the rpm range.
Cheff, we need to meet and settle my beer debt.
Do you have a PCIII on your O2?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Good to know. Will try the map tonight and forget about my TBS problems for now.

Editing this thread again! I guess I must be a little lost when I asked you if you have a PCIII on your O2!
How else would you have loaded Chef's map!!! For now anyway, will blame my dumbness on the cold weather.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yes I have a PCIII on my '02
do you have stock exhaust and gearing? I may dump this one in and give it a go on my 03'

·
Registered
80 Posts
Completely stock, 800 mile '06, except for 2 bro cans.

Out of all the maps that have been posted here it's tough for a newbie to discern - which would you guys suggest as a map for my rig?

I bought a PCIII usb yesterday on line for $260 (w/free shipping).

Sea Level - Florida.

tia - me

Oh - I will say this... on my ride into work (~7m) it's fine (no farts hiccups etc) in 40 / 50* temps but, after work, when it's ~70*, and I've sat in construction traffic for 30 minutes it'll move out ok, but holding 3400ish in 5th gear it gives a little fart/spit about every mile...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Pete,

Take a look at this recall and see if your vin falls in range. I'm waiting on my ECU to come to hopefully fix this once and for all. The PCIII helped a little but didn't cure the problem.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,871 Posts

Out of all the maps that have been posted here it's tough for a newbie to discern - which would you guys suggest as a map for my rig?

Sea Level - Florida.

tia - me

Oh - I will say this... on my ride into work (~7m) it's fine (no farts hiccups etc) in 40 / 50* temps but, after work, when it's ~70*, and I've sat in construction traffic for 30 minutes it'll move out ok, but holding 3400ish in 5th gear it gives a little fart/spit about every mile...
You are running leaner with the 2bros cans...even leaner when the temps heat up. Give my map a try, I run it and so does Badtraindriver......no complaints yet!!!! Send me a PM with your email address, and I will send it to you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry Pete but I couldn't help to express myself: 800 miles on a 06 bike? Don’t you ever ride? Come on, what is the use of PCIII maps if your bike stays in your garage?
Go and ride, life is beautiful when you live hearing the sound of the wind.

Sea Level - Florida.

tia - me

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bought the bike as new old stock last October...hence the low mileage. ;)
Understood...Hope you'll have plenty of time to enjoy it your "Jaws".

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well, the PCIII arrived a couple of days ago. I have not installed it yet. It came pre-loaded with map# M311-007 (supposedly "good" for a stock DL1000 with 2-Bros slip ons). It has all the stuff that comes with a new PCIIIusb - CD-rom, 9v power pigtail - the whole bit.

It's going in this weekend.

I need to RIDE!

Me

·
Registered
80 Posts
Installed Saturday.

Rode 150 miles yesterday.

Works great.

Throttle response is much smoother. No hiccuping at all during normal cruise speeds - it feels a little bit more powerful - but heck - it was even before I installed the PCIII.

It "breaks up" a tiny little bit when WFO and I get upward of 8+ thousand rpm - like when winding out 3rd gear.

Any thoughts as to why it would break up/stumble when getting up there? (btw - it was not on the limiter..) It almost felt like my old 67 396 Impala when I didn't have the points gapped juuuuust right when pulling up towards redline.

Could it be that the secondaries are starting "to limit" the power by rolling closed? (I need to ditch those little pesky flaps anyhow... - yet I thought that they only did that in 4th and 5th gears).

Anyhow, an beside all that...w00t! For all intents and purposes - it is a wholly different ride now. Much more pleasant to manage.

Highly recommended mod.

Thanks for the advice guys.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah (any burglers out there) - You better be careful if you try and do a home invasion on 'ol Pete!

Man I have gone about 300 miles now with that PCIII, and except for the slight high RPM stumble (which can easily be dialed in) - the bike is totally GNARLY!

Urm - is that how you spell narly? I digress.

The biggest bike I have ridden at any length was my old 78 GS750E. Jaws would eat that thing up and spit it out. I've had some seat time in late model 600 zip-splat crotch rockets - and yes - if the pilot was totally on their game they could keep with or beat me - but they don't get the added bonus of mid level GRUNT!!!

That torque, my friends - is indescribably delicious.

Long live this big, liter-sized 'Zuki V-Twin.

It's a sweet power plant when tweaked and sorted.

God almighty - let me not endanger myself or any souls near me.

It is tough to behave as my years should warrent.

HUGE GRINS!

Me.

·
0 Posts
I couldn't agree more with ya Pete.

I installed my PC III along with set of the Akrapovic Cans and my bike TOTALLY opened up. Like a different type of beast...and I can't stop grinning.

Big B and I are running the same maps and have had great success with them. If you'd like to try it, PM me your email and I'll send it right to ya. Takes just a second to switch them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Remus Cans

Anyone running Remus Titanium cans? (Picked them up off Ebay, didn't do as much research as perhaps I could have).

Ordered a PC III today (Action Parts, $264) and started collecting maps. Figured on trying the " Custom Dyno map " based on the feedback on this thread, but open to suggestions is anyone has this setup.

Thanks! Great reading.... even more excited now!

41 - 60 of 485 Posts