StromTrooper banner

481 - 485 of 485 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Power Commander Downloads

This should get you to the Power Commander website, manual download page. Download the manual, read, and have at it.
Plus the trick I figured out (with help from Google!) - your bike has to be running for the PC III USB to actually transfer data between it and your laptop (unless you have the PC III USB powered by a separate 9V battery). Make sure to save your existing map from the PC III USB to your laptop before installing a new map - just in case you want to put the original back in.

Also, stick to maps that are specific for you sub-generation of bike. Mine is a 2002 so only 2002-2003 maps will work properly. The next range is 2004-2007 or 2009 or something like that.

Cheers,
Glenn

·
Registered
363 Posts
OK, someone was interested in a map I was tweaking for my 2002 with K&N air filter and 18" Delkevic mufflers with the baffles in. I couldn't attach it in the .djm file type, but someone said to ZIP it. Let's give that a try. Nope, that doesn't work, either. Let's try something else - https://drive.google.com/open?id=18vGNsqMI89_oJPnngRS32epJ9NB3x2mw .

·
Registered
60 Posts
About five months or so ago I sold my 2008 Wee and bought a 2006 Vee. Since that time I have had the feeling that there isn't a significant power difference between the wee and the vee. That feeling changed yesterday. I have a PCIII that was installed on my 2006 by the previous owner. Being technically illiterate, I never touched it until yesterday when I finally figured out (well, with a YouTuber's help, if that counts as "figuring it out") how to do it with my wife's laptop. So I downloaded the Dynojet map for the Vee with Leo Vince cans and aftermarket or stock filter (I have a K&N) and I am very pleased with the changes it made to this bike. It's still no Ducati or KTM, but it is a BIG step up from the Wee. I'm afraid to hit full throttle in first, and second feels like the front tire is just getting ready to lift. I DID put a smaller front and larger rear sprocket on, which I did to try to coax myself into believing in this bike. Well, the PCIII has me believing. Now, my only question for you folks is this...has anyone compared the Dynojet map with any of the custom maps that are on this thread? If so, what differences did they find? Thanks!

·
Registered
363 Posts
About five months or so ago I sold my 2008 Wee and bought a 2006 Vee. Since that time I have had the feeling that there isn't a significant power difference between the wee and the vee. That feeling changed yesterday. I have a PCIII that was installed on my 2006 by the previous owner. Being technically illiterate, I never touched it until yesterday when I finally figured out (well, with a YouTuber's help, if that counts as "figuring it out") how to do it with my wife's laptop. So I downloaded the Dynojet map for the Vee with Leo Vince cans and aftermarket or stock filter (I have a K&N) and I am very pleased with the changes it made to this bike. It's still no Ducati or KTM, but it is a BIG step up from the Wee. I'm afraid to hit full throttle in first, and second feels like the front tire is just getting ready to lift. I DID put a smaller front and larger rear sprocket on, which I did to try to coax myself into believing in this bike. Well, the PCIII has me believing. Now, my only question for you folks is this...has anyone compared the Dynojet map with any of the custom maps that are on this thread? If so, what differences did they find? Thanks!
I did - at least I think I did. David had the PC III USB installed and his guy at the shop had put a map on it. I don't know if that was the Dynojet map that came with it or not. I compared that one to the one from MonkeyGrass that I tweaked for my own use and they are way different. The one that was on mine when I bought it from David was nice and smooth compared to what I have read the factory maps were like - and he told me it was light years better than original. Mine is quite different to that one now and some of the adjustments in that original one seem a bit counter-intuitive to me when looking at when it is richer or leaner. Still, it WAS good and got better gas mileage than my current one. Lastly, mine is a 2002 and that is different than 2004 onward.

Cheers,
Glenn

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks Glenn. I think what I'm going to do is leave this map on for a tank of gas. See what MPG I get and then start playing with other maps. I'd like to try some of the performance only maps first just to see how they compare to the Dynojet map in both performance and mileage. Then, just for fun, i might try a couple of the fuel efficient maps to see how much they change performance and mileage compared to the performance maps. I'll probably end up with the map that provides the best performance. If good gas mileage was my priority, I would have stayed with the Wee.

Bob

481 - 485 of 485 Posts