StromTrooper banner

481 - 499 of 499 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Power Commander Downloads

This should get you to the Power Commander website, manual download page. Download the manual, read, and have at it.
Plus the trick I figured out (with help from Google!) - your bike has to be running for the PC III USB to actually transfer data between it and your laptop (unless you have the PC III USB powered by a separate 9V battery). Make sure to save your existing map from the PC III USB to your laptop before installing a new map - just in case you want to put the original back in.

Also, stick to maps that are specific for you sub-generation of bike. Mine is a 2002 so only 2002-2003 maps will work properly. The next range is 2004-2007 or 2009 or something like that.

Cheers,
Glenn

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
OK, someone was interested in a map I was tweaking for my 2002 with K&N air filter and 18" Delkevic mufflers with the baffles in. I couldn't attach it in the .djm file type, but someone said to ZIP it. Let's give that a try. Nope, that doesn't work, either. Let's try something else - https://drive.google.com/open?id=18vGNsqMI89_oJPnngRS32epJ9NB3x2mw .

·
Registered
55 Posts
About five months or so ago I sold my 2008 Wee and bought a 2006 Vee. Since that time I have had the feeling that there isn't a significant power difference between the wee and the vee. That feeling changed yesterday. I have a PCIII that was installed on my 2006 by the previous owner. Being technically illiterate, I never touched it until yesterday when I finally figured out (well, with a YouTuber's help, if that counts as "figuring it out") how to do it with my wife's laptop. So I downloaded the Dynojet map for the Vee with Leo Vince cans and aftermarket or stock filter (I have a K&N) and I am very pleased with the changes it made to this bike. It's still no Ducati or KTM, but it is a BIG step up from the Wee. I'm afraid to hit full throttle in first, and second feels like the front tire is just getting ready to lift. I DID put a smaller front and larger rear sprocket on, which I did to try to coax myself into believing in this bike. Well, the PCIII has me believing. Now, my only question for you folks is this...has anyone compared the Dynojet map with any of the custom maps that are on this thread? If so, what differences did they find? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
About five months or so ago I sold my 2008 Wee and bought a 2006 Vee. Since that time I have had the feeling that there isn't a significant power difference between the wee and the vee. That feeling changed yesterday. I have a PCIII that was installed on my 2006 by the previous owner. Being technically illiterate, I never touched it until yesterday when I finally figured out (well, with a YouTuber's help, if that counts as "figuring it out") how to do it with my wife's laptop. So I downloaded the Dynojet map for the Vee with Leo Vince cans and aftermarket or stock filter (I have a K&N) and I am very pleased with the changes it made to this bike. It's still no Ducati or KTM, but it is a BIG step up from the Wee. I'm afraid to hit full throttle in first, and second feels like the front tire is just getting ready to lift. I DID put a smaller front and larger rear sprocket on, which I did to try to coax myself into believing in this bike. Well, the PCIII has me believing. Now, my only question for you folks is this...has anyone compared the Dynojet map with any of the custom maps that are on this thread? If so, what differences did they find? Thanks!
I did - at least I think I did. David had the PC III USB installed and his guy at the shop had put a map on it. I don't know if that was the Dynojet map that came with it or not. I compared that one to the one from MonkeyGrass that I tweaked for my own use and they are way different. The one that was on mine when I bought it from David was nice and smooth compared to what I have read the factory maps were like - and he told me it was light years better than original. Mine is quite different to that one now and some of the adjustments in that original one seem a bit counter-intuitive to me when looking at when it is richer or leaner. Still, it WAS good and got better gas mileage than my current one. Lastly, mine is a 2002 and that is different than 2004 onward.

Cheers,
Glenn

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks Glenn. I think what I'm going to do is leave this map on for a tank of gas. See what MPG I get and then start playing with other maps. I'd like to try some of the performance only maps first just to see how they compare to the Dynojet map in both performance and mileage. Then, just for fun, i might try a couple of the fuel efficient maps to see how much they change performance and mileage compared to the performance maps. I'll probably end up with the map that provides the best performance. If good gas mileage was my priority, I would have stayed with the Wee.

Bob

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi guys,

I would like to try a different map on my 2004 DL1K. It sputters at around town speed, feels like its conking out...very annoying. One option is to use a lower gear, but with SBK cans it's quite obnoxious riding above 3000 rpm through a crowded street....weirdly it does it only when it is at operating temperaturem cold it's a lot smoother.

I've read good things about BigB's V2, and would like your opinion on applicabilty on my bike:

2004 DL1000
K&N filter
SBK silencers (does baffles in or out make a big difference?)
Secondaries are still in as far as I know (does that make a difference to the tune?)

Any input is appreciated!

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 2007 DL1000 came with the PC3 USB unit installed by the PO (original owner). Otherwise the bike is completely stock except for the K&N air filter which I only discovered after lifting the fuel tank to clean it. It hardy needed cleaning but I had to verify it's condition ... like new K&N.

After riding over 7,000 miles in the past year since purchasing it, (still only 16,250 total miles on the ODO) my impression has been that it runs very well except for an occasional hiccup just pulling away from a stop midway during a ride. I suppose the fuel mileage could also be better, ranging from a low of 32 mpg when on the throttle a lot, to a best of 38 mpg cruising moderately on the highway.

Looking to cure the hiccup and possibly improve fuel economy I have read this topic with great interest from beginning to end noting the fuel maps tailored for different model years and aftermarket modifications. It has been an education, and necessitated downloading and installing the PC3 Control Center software, then studying the user guide. Then I downloaded the fuel maps for the bikes most similar to mine, which include Cheff's OMG map, and his others, the Jett map, Shep's maps, those of the Criscokid, etc., to compare with the map installed on mine.

With the bike running the PC3 Control Center software quickly connects to my PC3 unit and it is easy to get a copy of the fuel map on it. Cheff's OMG map is supposedly for a K6 with the only mod being a K&N air filter, like my K7, so using the Compare maps feature in the Control Center software I put them side by side and get a big surprise! It turns out the maps are approximately parallel, with mine being the richer one hovering above Cheff's line across the rpm range and on the various throttle positions. WOW! ... By the way, with two maps loaded in the Compare Maps feature, select Difference Table and click on any Throttle position to see them illustrated on the graph across the top of the window.

My take away is Cheff's OMG map should give me better fuel economy since the fuel map I've been running is richer practically across the board. And as for the low RPM hiccup pulling away from a stop, my map shows it is extremely rich from idle to about 2,000 rpm, where Cheff's map is much flatter on the low end. This could be a remedy for the hiccup I've noticed. To bring this to a close, and I apologize for going on so long, I have put Cheff's OMG map on my unit and cannot wait to give it a try it as soon I can get a free afternoon with decent weather.

I would wholeheartedly encourage anyone who is not happy with their PC fueling to dig into this, learn what is needed, the tools are free, and go for it.
?

Reactions: slovcan

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
My 2007 DL1000 came with the PC3 USB unit installed by the PO (original owner). Otherwise the bike is completely stock except for the K&N air filter which I only discovered after lifting the fuel tank to clean it. It hardy needed cleaning but I had to verify it's condition ... like new K&N.

After riding over 7,000 miles in the past year since purchasing it, (still only 16,250 total miles on the ODO) my impression has been that it runs very well except for an occasional hiccup just pulling away from a stop midway during a ride. I suppose the fuel mileage could also be better, ranging from a low of 32 mpg when on the throttle a lot, to a best of 38 mpg cruising moderately on the highway.

Looking to cure the hiccup and possibly improve fuel economy I have read this topic with great interest from beginning to end noting the fuel maps tailored for different model years and aftermarket modifications. It has been an education, and necessitated downloading and installing the PC3 Control Center software, then studying the user guide. Then I downloaded the fuel maps for the bikes most similar to mine, which include Cheff's OMG map, and his others, the Jett map, Shep's maps, those of the Criscokid, etc., to compare with the map installed on mine.

With the bike running the PC3 Control Center software quickly connects to my PC3 unit and it is easy to get a copy of the fuel map on it. Cheff's OMG map is supposedly for a K6 with the only mod being a K&N air filter, like my K7, so using the Compare maps feature in the Control Center software I put them side by side and get a big surprise! It turns out the maps are approximately parallel, with mine being the richer one hovering above Cheff's line across the rpm range and on the various throttle positions. WOW! ... By the way, with two maps loaded in the Compare Maps feature, select Difference Table and click on any Throttle position to see them illustrated on the graph across the top of the window.

My take away is Cheff's OMG map should give me better fuel economy since the fuel map I've been running is richer practically across the board. And as for the low RPM hiccup pulling away from a stop, my map shows it is extremely rich from idle to about 2,000 rpm, where Cheff's map is much flatter on the low end. This could be a remedy for the hiccup I've noticed. To bring this to a close, and I apologize for going on so long, I have put Cheff's OMG map on my unit and cannot wait to give it a try it as soon I can get a free afternoon with decent weather.

I would wholeheartedly encourage anyone who is not happy with their PC fueling to dig into this, learn what is needed, the tools are free, and go for it.
?
;) (y) Excellent. The possibilities are endless!

Reactions: WoodRat

·
Registered
18 Posts
Update!
I just took the bike out for a 20 mile highway jaunt and wrung it out to the extent that I could in that distance. Count me as another one on the band wagon for Cheff's OMG fuel map. The bike runs at least as well as it did with my old map, and probably even smoother. And performing this well on leaner settings has to mean the map I had been on was too rich, which gives me hope I will get better fuel economy on this one. Anyway, it's definitely good enough to keep for a while longer to verify the fuel usage. To repeat from my previous post and others for this fuel map, it was done for a K6 DL1000, all stock except for K&N air filter. Mine is a K7 all stock with K&N air filter.

Thank you Cheff, for sharing on this forum and helping yet another member after all these years. For everyone else, this is the fuel map found on Cheff's post, #35 on page 2 of this topic.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Hey all, what's the easiest way to search this thread? I'd like to find a map for my bike:

K&N Air Filter
Two-Brothers Cans
Secondaries removed

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Hey all, what's the easiest way to search this thread? I'd like to find a map for my bike:

K&N Air Filter
Two-Brothers Cans
Secondaries removed

Thanks!
I downloaded all I could find here because they are scattered through many pages. Then, I sorted the 2002-2003 from the rest because that's what I have and they're different from the 2004>. I have the MonkeyGrass maps and the famous Chef's OMG map and a couple of others. They usually have details about them in the "Notes" at the bottom of the maps when you look at them in the PC III USB program - Baffles removed, K&N, Secondaries Removed or what have you. If you want the ones that work for 2004 onward let me know and I'll upload them to Google Drive and send you a link so you can download them.

Cheers,
Glenn

·
Registered
649 Posts
Thanks Glenn, that'd be great!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
delete

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm going to tell you my experience with BigB map and Exlaper K5 Jett map. I was using BigB map for a year the bike runs good, but if I rev the bike I would smell gas. Last week I installed Exleper Jett map. When I look at the map numbers it looks just a little bit leaner, I lost that gas smell when I rev it and I think that is good response like with BigB map. I checked on back roads and I get 39.5 mpg which is good enough for me. I might install BigB map just to checked mpg I would be surprised if I get better mpg.
I have K7 with Termignoni exhaust and stock air filter.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I'm going to tell you my experience with BigB map and Exlaper K5 Jett map. I was using BigB map for a year the bike runs good, but if I rev the bike I would smell gas. Last week I installed Exleper Jett map. When I look at the map numbers it looks just a little bit leaner, I lost that gas smell when I rev it and I think that is good response like with BigB map. I checked on back roads and I get 39.5 mpg which is good enough for me. I might install BigB map just to checked mpg I would be surprised if I get better mpg.
I have K7 with Termignoni exhaust and stock air filter.
Thanks. Good feedback. I have a newly revised version of the last one I shared here. It is quite a bit leaner, but still as smooth and strong - yes, believe it or not. It is for the 2002-2003 bikes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I downloaded all I could find here because they are scattered through many pages. Then, I sorted the 2002-2003 from the rest because that's what I have and they're different from the 2004>. I have the MonkeyGrass maps and the famous Chef's OMG map and a couple of others. They usually have details about them in the "Notes" at the bottom of the maps when you look at them in the PC III USB program - Baffles removed, K&N, Secondaries Removed or what have you. If you want the ones that work for 2004 onward let me know and I'll upload them to Google Drive and send you a link so you can download them.

Cheers,
Glenn
I would also appreciate a link to the 2004 onwards maps please!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I would also appreciate a link to the 2004 onwards maps please!
The link is in your Private Message (Conversations) inbox.

·
Registered
9 Posts
First things first, to take full advantage of my PC3, I decided it was time to disable the O2 sensor. After reasearching what wire to cut in order to keep the FI light from coming on, I thought I'd try my luck one last time on ebay, low and behold, I actually found an eliminator for 2002-2012 models. Bought it, fitted it, works great! It can be found here.

Next, I am contemplating what map to try first, since there are quite a few out there now. I will probably just try a few, to see what's what. There are two maps for EU stroms specifically on the power commander website, namely M311-503 and M311-504. One is with DB killers, one without, have any of you tried these specific maps, and if so, were you happy with the results?

481 - 499 of 499 Posts