StromTrooper banner

441 - 460 of 499 Posts

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Yeah I work in Michigan. Commute everyday. Just a river between the cities yet a world of difference in culture and personality

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi there
I've installed two Mivv Oval carbon ehxausts on my European KLV1000 without db-killers and none of the maps I found here work fine with me. Some of the maps I can get a good power but can't run between 2500 and 4000rpm slowly. Others I can run preety good but when accelerate the bike don't shows any power at all.
So I put db-killers on, and try the maps again and notice some improvements on some maps but none of them was perfect. So I mix some of them and now I've got what for me is 80% perfect map and I'm share it with you all.
If some one have a good map working on a two big ehxausts without db-killers and K&N filter please share it so I can try.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey guys,
I have a 2007 with stock filter and two bros slip ons. what map should I use. are all the ones ive seen here for 03/04 models?

·
Registered
19 Posts
New owner and member. 2006 DL1000 stock air and pipes with 33000 miles and a PC3 already installed. Seems to run fine but i've only rode maybe 20 miles due to lots of snow in Nebraska I've searched and read for days but I need your help. What is the best map for my stats? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Dead Thread

Did this thread die?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well after killing a day roaming this thread I still have no clue what MAP to run. Maybe I can get a couple opinions

riding a 07 with K&N and two bro exhaust, I'm 6'10" and 330lbs, currently averaging roughly 35 mpg.

Been running the Dyna jet suggested MAP and really have no problems with performance, Sure it doesn't like running under 2K RPM but I don't let it get there very much, Usually cruise into work running about 3500 give or take 500. Plenty of power when I twist on it, Only thing I'm really looking for now is fuel economy, actually only playing with MAPS because I finally have a lap top and can play with them easier. What I've found on the dynajet map is they pour the fuel, 15-20% at 20%throttle between 3000 and 4000rpm a couple days ago I cut all numbers in this cruising range in half. I'm thinking this won't hurt performance since when I want high performance and power I'm over 50% throttle and not changing those numbers should keep performance where it needs to be. Only 7 miles to work so I haven't ran a tank to check mpg change but I'm thinking it should be a decent change. Any opinions on this?

After testing this map and maybe a little tinkering I'm going to try out Big B's map and maybe tinker with it after a tank or two.

Other thought I have is that as of now the map takes fuel away at low throttle and RPM so under 3000 rpm performance is poor and therefore I don't ride there and cruise at about 3500 RPM however after viewing some other maps and reading peoples thought that these maps increase performance at lower RPM I can use them to increase performance at low RPM and then cruise at a higher gear and maybe 2500 rpm which should increase fuel economy.

if this thread still has any pulse I'd appreciate any feedback. if not I'll post some results in the future so no body can read it.

·
Registered
835 Posts
MG, I have attached two maps. I hope this works. I haven't attached maps before and figured out that I can't attach the .djm format so I zip'ed them. Here it goes.
-Chris
Just curious...I have a DL1000 '07 with stock air intake and Leo Vince SBK exhaust. Someone else commented this map is good for 2004+ DL1000. Wondering if it would be good for my setup? I've got a PCIII that was mapped for the '07 with stock air intake and stock exhaust drilled out. I changed out the exhaust to the Leo Vince so I'm guessing I need to redo the map?

Also, I've never done any mapping before. Is it as simple as hooking up the laptop, loading the map into the software and clicking "send map"?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yes it is that simple. Just did mine two days ago...took longer to haul my computer to the garage than it did to remap. Literally seconds. As long as you've got a 9v battery you are golden.

As to what map you need ... I will leave that to the experts here. I use the Jett map from this thread ... But I have the exact same setup. Your setup is slightly different.

Just curious...I have a DL1000 '07 with stock air intake and Leo Vince SBK exhaust. Someone else commented this map is good for 2004+ DL1000. Wondering if it would be good for my setup? I've got a PCIII that was mapped for the '07 with stock air intake and stock exhaust drilled out. I changed out the exhaust to the Leo Vince so I'm guessing I need to redo the map?

Also, I've never done any mapping before. Is it as simple as hooking up the laptop, loading the map into the software and clicking "send map"?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just got back from a ride today on the Chef map, it seems like my mpg is dropping. I got 30 on the ineterstate running 75-80 and 32mpg running 65. WTF?

·
Administrator
17,100 Posts

Thanks all!
Try my old map I believe it is "BigB V2" and is on the first few posts, seems to be very popular. I had Leo's on mine with stock filter, bike ran like a top and I saw as high as 50 MPG on numerous occasions.

·
Registered
202 Posts
recommendations for a good all around map for my k4 stock with k&n filter

·
Registered
835 Posts
Try my old map I believe it is "BigB V2" and is on the first few posts, seems to be very popular. I had Leo's on mine with stock filter, bike ran like a top and I saw as high as 50 MPG on numerous occasions.
Thanks...I'll look for that one.

I've been running one called CiscoSummer made by CriscoKid and my Vee has been doing really well on it. I was having an occasional "cough" and also backfire once every so often. Not anymore. It doesn't seem to be very good from a mileage standpoint though, but I don't ride for mileage so....

Anyway, I'll give yours a shot and see what's what.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Yes it is that simple. Just did mine two days ago...took longer to haul my computer to the garage than it did to remap. Literally seconds. As long as you've got a 9v battery you are golden.

As to what map you need ... I will leave that to the experts here. I use the Jett map from this thread ... But I have the exact same setup. Your setup is slightly different.
What I eventually found is that the bike must be running so there is power to the PC III. I'm good now!

·
Registered
8 Posts
2007 DL1000 PCIII map

Here is the map that came with my 2007 DL1000 in Calgary Alberta. It has a K&N filter and two brothers exhaust. Works very well with no hesitation and good fuel mileage. I get up to 350 km on a tank depending on how hard I twist...

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for all the information.

·
Registered
55 Posts
What's the best map for an 06 DL1000 with PCIII, K&N air filter, secondaries removed, and two brothers exhaust? I'm running the map from power commander for after market air filter and two brothers, but I get about 30mpg. No thanks to my heavy wrist of course, but I'd like to improve it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
This one is near perfect for my K4..see attached Zip file.

What's the best map for an 06 DL1000 with PCIII, K&N air filter, secondaries removed, and two brothers exhaust? I'm running the map from power commander for after market air filter and two brothers, but I get about 30mpg. No thanks to my heavy wrist of course, but I'd like to improve it.
Delkevics, PiperCross, 2nds removed, PAIR defeated. Always over 40MPG.

Attachments

·
Registered
502 Posts
I don't know if anyone else has had the tuning struggles that I have had, but I have been unable to coax good fuel mileage from my K3 (either of them) with fuel maps, so it's time to sell it. The most recent attempt was with Monkey Grass's MG V2 map (the one for K2/K3s), and it netted me 33 mpg. It felt the best of any map I've tried as far as smoothness, but I need my touring bike to do 45 mpg or better :( The Big B map for 04+ got me 31 mpg >.<

Bike has Leo Vinces, secondaries removed, and a K&N. Valves are in spec, TPS is correctly set, TBS done, 16/41 (recently swapped from 17/41 with no real difference). I think, unless anyone has a good map for K2/K3s, that I'm off to an FZ1 :(

·
Administrator
17,100 Posts
Weird.....I had a similar set up and next to never got under 40 mpg with my map. FZ1 is a gas guzzler too, not sure that is going to help your situation. Maybe you need a 650 Strom, I don't miss any of my 1000's and I am usually getting in the 50 range for mpg no matter how hard I am wringing that sweet engine out.

441 - 460 of 499 Posts