StromTrooper banner

21 - 40 of 485 Posts

·
0 Posts
First of all, BIG THANKS to Criscokid for sharing the map I'm currently running on my 2005 DL 1000. It runs GREAT!!!!

One question though.
What "program" do I need to be able to download the .DJM files??
I can't seem to figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Matt

·
Super Moderator
16,871 Posts
First of all, BIG THANKS to Criscokid for sharing the map I'm currently running on my 2005 DL 1000. It runs GREAT!!!!

One question though.
What "program" do I need to be able to download the .DJM files??
I can't seem to figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Matt
He knows how to do it now!!!!;)

·
Registered
888 Posts
Right I just down loaded CriscoSummer into my PC111 but upon re-reading MG's post realized that it was for a bike with aftermarket cans. I guess I should have downloaded one of Mighty Sheps or Cheffs and go from there. Bit of a hassle for me not having a laptop, I have to move her car out of the garage and put the bike in the back door so my 5m ext USB cable will reach. All the while enduring the over the glasses look with under the breath mumbling! LOL
Thanks heaps guys for all your input into this thread.:D

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
What brand of can did you put on your strom? All the after market cans I 've seen are straight through.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Unless you are running baffles, every aftermarket can is a "straight-thru" style pipe.

Try CriscoKid's map. His is tops for 04+ DLs.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I'd try the the BigB_V2 map I've posted earlier. Also try the Crisokid map. One or the other should work beautifully for ya!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Power Commander throttle position

I'd try the the BigB_V2 map I've posted earlier. Also try the Crisokid map. One or the other should work beautifully for ya!
So I'm trying these maps, thanks. Also when my bike is at idle the computer is telling my that I'm at 2% throttle. Is this normal? Does this mean my TPS may need adjustment?

·
Registered
662 Posts
This is the fuelmoto map for a k6 with Leo Vince pipes, stock air filter

So far, so good, average about 35mpg last tank with about 70 miles in town and 100 miles of freeway

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
So I'm trying these maps, thanks. Also when my bike is at idle the computer is telling my that I'm at 2% throttle. Is this normal? Does this mean my TPS may need adjustment?
I'd certainly check it. It takes all of about 5 minutes to jumper the connection and get a TPS reading.

·
Registered
6 Posts
anyone have one for aftermarket pipes (LEO SBK), and a home elevation of 7500 ft? does the fuel requirement change w/ the 2ndaries pulled?
scott

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my DL1000 tuned today at a Dynojet facility. The gentleman asked me not to share his name if I was going to share the map for liability reasons so I will respect that. It cost me 200. And it is the best 200 I have spent on the DL. OH MY GOD AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! The bike is so smooth at all RPMs, it pulls hard with out the usual thumpin from below 2k rmp. I had trouble keeping my speed down because the engine is running so smooth. I have not scanned the sheet, but here are the numbers and the map. He said he was having trouble getting a full run because the TKC80 where to bouncy. He said that it prob would have gotten 90-92 with out knobbies.

Stock Dl1000 with K&N filter.
HP 88.08
Torque 61.80

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
That sounds pretty exciting Cheff. Do you think that map would work on a Canadian Model? Doesn't California bolt on more junk for emissions or are the North American models all the same? I have a K7 1000.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
A guy on Advrider tried it with his '02 that he had for sale on their board. He said it helped so much he pulled the add. I would definitely give it a try, because I love the way the bikes runs with it.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Yeah, I ran it today. Phenomenal map, that guy knew what he was doing on a dyno.

I'm gonna have to richen up the 3700-4500 range b/c that's where my stock map is super-lean, and when I commute I spend a lot of time in 2nd and 3rd gear between 3500-4500 in the city. But overall, very impressive!! I love the low end and the upper part is smooth smooth smooth.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Yeah, I ran it today. Phenomenal map, that guy knew what he was doing on a dyno.

I'm gonna have to richen up the 3700-4500 range b/c that's where my stock map is super-lean, and when I commute I spend a lot of time in 2nd and 3rd gear between 3500-4500 in the city. But overall, very impressive!! I love the low end and the upper part is smooth smooth smooth.

Glad you liked it MonkeyGrass, I am still in awe at how good my bike runs now. And I am upset I did not do it last year and 25k miles before!

Post the modified map here I would not mind trying it.

The gentleman also said that if I wanted better gas mileage I should use the buttons on the PCIII to lean it. This way I don't mess with the map, and I can do it on the road as needed. He said if I leaned it out all the way with the buttons I would go down maybe one jet size and I would not have to worry about hurting the bike.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I tried the latest map posted here today and it indeed runs smooth. I am going to richen it up some in the highway cruising RPM's. It just felt like the program was a little lean when rolling on to pass on the interstate. Otherwise a great map.

21 - 40 of 485 Posts