StromTrooper banner

PC3 USB map question

1638 Views 3 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  Brekfast
Hi guys,

I recently installed a pc3 usb on my 2004 dl1000 (stock pipes and air filter) and I have been running it with the stock map that came on the cd with the pc3.

After reading the "PCIII Maps for DL1000" thread I downloaded a few maps to experiment.

To my suprise after decompressing the zip files and renaming them to .djm I am unable to load them into the Power Comander 3 USB program.

Example: the zip file m311-BigB_v2.zip decompresses into the file:
m311-BigB_v2

I renamed m311-BigB_v2 to m311-BigB_v2.djm

tried to load it and got the error message:

Unknown File type: 0x0033
Map File Version Error.

I instaleld the earlier version of the sfotware too that uses the .map files and tried to open it with that too but no luck.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks.

Henrik
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,014 Posts
They should unzip with the .DJM extension already on them. Do you have extensions turned off in your view preferences? If so, you're renaming one .djm.DJM, which could I suppose cause it to read funny.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope,

I have "hide known file extensions" disabled. I uncompressed the file on another computer and the result was the same. File name w/o the .djm extension.

I am puzzled. When you download the file it decompresses correctly with the .djm extension ?

In comparison the .djm files I got off the pc3 cd display correctly in the program.

What gives ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.