StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
im a new dl1000 owner, what are the yosh box and the pc111?
I can speak to the Yosh Box.

The Yosh Box is a fuel injection modification tool. It uses a very rudimentary set of components to tell the ECU how and where to add or remove fuel during certain modes of operation.

Most commonly, it is used to bump up the low range operation of the engine fuel mixture to remove the ultra lean condition that exists when the DL1000 is stock. It basically says to the bike: Increase fuel across this specific running condition by x%. The one draw back with the Yosh Box is that it is difficult to get fine adjustments and also do a "custom tune." The advantage is that when you write to the ECU, it sticks with the bike forever, unless you set it back to stock with the Yosh Box.

The PCIII is a more complete tool for controlling fuel injection on the bike. It is always hooked up and responds to custom dyno tuning VERY well. It can fail and then your bike is reverted back to stock tune.

PCIII = ECU piggy back device while the Yosh Box is a ECU modification tool.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yosh Box ++++

im a new dl1000 owner, what are the yosh box and the pc111?
I wasn't looking to increase power or performance; I was just trying to correct drivability issues. That said, the Yosh Box was the best improvement I've made to my bike (2006 DL1000).

I was able to eliminate a lean surge condition between 3500 and 4000 RPM which is the area I'm in riding in traffic. This and a throttle body sync made my bike a whole new animal. When I first got the bike I thought I had made a big mistake due to the drivability issues, this cured them all and I am very happy with the Strom.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I wasn't looking to increase power or performance; I was just trying to correct drivability issues. That said, the Yosh Box was the best improvement I've made to my bike (2006 DL1000).

I was able to eliminate a lean surge condition between 3500 and 4000 RPM which is the area I'm in riding in traffic. This and a throttle body sync made my bike a whole new animal. When I first got the bike I thought I had made a big mistake due to the drivability issues, this cured them all and I am very happy with the Strom.
I second this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yosh boxes etc

thanks for the info, it just seems a bit strange that the bikes dont come with the optimum fuel program as standard

·
Registered
441 Posts
thanks for the info, it just seems a bit strange that the bikes dont come with the optimum fuel program as standard
It is strange and it is one of the reasons why people didn't buy them at the rate of the 650.

But, the rumor is that the EPA and European emissions standards said the bike was too dirty at cruising speeds and Suzuki leaned the mixture up to pass.

So I guess we can all blame ourselves for expecting clean air, voting for democrat/environmentalists, ignoring the bullshit legislation they pass on our behalf and keep on re-electing them.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have a Yosh Box and tried a PCIII. I like the simple easy to use Yosh Box a lot better. Plus I can modify other Suzuki bikes fuel delivery curve. Nothing like buying something that'll work on more than 1 bike.

It sure cured the lowend stumble on my Vee without hurting the fuel miliage much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts