StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow Stromtroopers:

Forgive me if this has been beaten to death...I've tried to do an extensive search on the subject without much for results.

Anyway, Those of you with experience with the PC products....Would you recommend adding the Autotune feature? I have a 2009 DL 1000 and the Power Commander site lists the PC-V as the only option for my bike. I'm a little foggy in terms of exactly what the Autotune does...i.e. does it fine tune a "Base map" or does it create a completely custom map for the bike that it is on?

Sorry for the "Newbie" question. Trying to get up to speed ( no pun intended ) with tweaking the FI system on this bike.

Thanks in advance for any information / assistance in this matter.

Wayne

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
O.K....After further investigation...looks like the PC-V would have a base map that compliments what I have on the bike...and the Auto Tune would serve to put some final touches to the map.

Do y'all think it would be worth the extra $$$?

Wayne

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
The Dyno-Jet PC variant products work, have a PC III USB on mine and it needed it after installation of slip-ons. Runs well, cleanly.
I have to assume that if the PC V is your only option then there are O2 sensors in the exhaust. That's where it reads the mix to do the "Auto-tune" adjustments.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts