StromTrooper banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a PC V with the stock factory program on my 09 Vee. It is a 500 mi stock motor and exhaust bike. I am not a speed rider nor am I looking to squeeze the last drop of torque out of the bike, just looking to allow the bike the fuel it needsto run properly.

Is the stock program acceptable to those that run it or should I have the bike dyno'd and programmed.... Any comments?

Mark

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
she isn't even broken in so i would wait till you have like 3000 on her.

I did tre elimination which is required if you want as much throttle control as possible.

·
Registered
158 Posts
she isn't even broken in so i would wait till you have like 3000 on her.

I did tre elimination which is required if you want as much throttle control as possible.
Richw:

Can you expand on the throttle control deal....I'm a little confused with that. Doesn't the TRE allow full throttle use in 5th and 6th gear?? What have you noticed is the effect in all the gears?

Wayne

·
Registered
158 Posts
I just installed a PC V with the stock factory program on my 09 Vee. It is a 500 mi stock motor and exhaust bike. I am not a speed rider nor am I looking to squeeze the last drop of torque out of the bike, just looking to allow the bike the fuel it needsto run properly.

Is the stock program acceptable to those that run it or should I have the bike dyno'd and programmed.... Any comments?

Mark
Mark:

I just received a PC-V for my bike. I'm doing a stage 1 upgrade...different air filter and slip-on exhaust cans ( My own personal reasons...don't need more power). From the numerous threads that I've read from this site and others....the Pc-V can really help with the lean issues that we experience...in certain parts of the rpm band. I'm thinking you should be able to find a fuel map that fulfills your needs at the present time. The beauty is...you can change or install new maps as you need. I think the dyno tuning would provide you the very best map...being it's tailored to your bike....but there's a lot of folks who don't live near a dyno tuner, like myself, and the bikes run fine.

Good Luck,

Wayne

·
Registered
158 Posts
richw:

Never mind...did a search and found my answers. Interesting device...wonder what the bike runs like with the PC-V and a TRE? In terms of smoothing things out.

Mark:

I put a FI controller on my wife's Gladius...which was pretty decent to begin with....but I truly think it has made the bike run smoother...especially when accelerating from 2,000 rpm on up. I would expect similar results for you on your otherwise stock bike.

Wayne

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Mine will cruise in 6th down to 45 mph
Very happy above say 55 mph

Mine is teka boxed richened with the tre but I only get like 38 to 42 MPG.

I get dial up 1st gear wheelies and 2nd with some help. My Rear tires under 4K life span

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mine will cruise in 6th down to 45 mph
Very happy above say 55 mph

Mine is teka boxed richened with the tre but I only get like 38 to 42 MPG.

I get dial up 1st gear wheelies and 2nd with some help. My Rear tires under 4K life span
That's very impressive...to be able to run in 6th at 45 mph without the bike complaining big time. Guess I'd give up some mpg's for a smoother running bike. Guess the PC-V should help the OP and myself.

Thanks,

Wayne

1 - 7 of 7 Posts