StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

i just want to understand this, i'm assuming that the BAT terminal is the hot in from the battery, and the PWR terminal is the power out to the relay yes? :confused:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The two fuses on the BAT connection are always hot. The others are hot when the ignition is on and the relay is triggered, connecting the PWR terminal to connector 30 on the diagram.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so.. in other words, yes, the pwr lead is the switched hot(pin 30)?

it is hard to trace wires on the harness with all the shrink tube on it.

·
38,103 Posts
Yes. The red lead without the fuse goes to terminal 30 on the relay. The lead with the fuse goes to battery + and the black lead goes to battery -.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks! i bought the harness from jim so it was hard to trace the wires.

·
38,103 Posts
Which harness did you get? The one I described comes with the PC8.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Which harness did you get? The one I described comes with the PC8.

i hooked it up as the directions show, i just wanted to make sure that i was understanding the circuit.

·
38,103 Posts
I started to respond to that but figured you wouldn't couldn't have had it because the relay is already wired in. The long PC8 lead goes to BAT, the short red to PWR and the short black to GND.

The battery side goes red + and black -.

The switching lead goes between the connectors for the rear brake switch.

You can see the color codes in the pictures. The long lead is red with a long piece of black shrink wrap for double protection as it runs right next to the ground connection.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I started to respond to that but figured you wouldn't couldn't have had it because the relay is already wired in. The long PC8 lead goes to BAT, the short red to PWR and the short black to GND.

The battery side goes red + and black -.

The switching lead goes between the connectors for the rear brake switch.

You can see the color codes in the pictures. The long lead is red with a long piece of black shrink wrap for double protection as it runs right next to the ground connection.
yep, that is how i wired it, per the instructions, i just wanted to make sure i understood what was supposed to be hot when and why.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts