StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I am installing a eastern beaver pc-8 and I have a question, can I still attach a battery tender to the batteror do I need to route it though the pc-8 on a unswitched circuit.

Thanks

·
Registered
13,134 Posts
I have the BT harness/connector direct attached to the battery and zip tied on the frame on both of my bikes. It is not connected through the PC-8 on my V2. It has its own fuse in the harness so no need to go through the PC-8. You can charge the battery or use the power from there in an emergency. It's only the covered connector sitting there. Why waste a circuit on the PC-8 and double fuse it.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yup, either way or both together works. I had the fused battery tender pigtail direct to battery, plus a Powerlet socket connected to an unswitched Eastern Beaver PC8 circuit on my '14 Vee 2. Used that with a (Powerlet to SAE) adapter for the battery tender and air compressor, or direct plug in for my heated vest, etc.

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
I have the BT harness/connector direct attached to the battery and zip tied on the frame on both of my bikes. It is not connected through the PC-8 on my V2. It has its own fuse in the harness so no need to go through the PC-8. You can charge the battery or use the power from there in an emergency. It's only the covered connector sitting there. Why waste a circuit on the PC-8.

I'm with SECoda and that's the way mine is done too.

·
Registered
13,134 Posts
We are in the raining remnants of tropical storm Gordon so the riding day is shot. :-(

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have my BT pig tail connected to one of the unswitched terminals on my PC8, and zip-tied it to the frame almost exactly the same way SECoda has it on the pic above. I already have the PC8 & my horn relay directly on the battery, so for me, I already had a jungle of wires from the battery and the whole reason I got the PC8 was to clean it up a little.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I also have my BT pigtail connected directly to the battery.

NOTE: If you use a compressor to fix a flat and connect it via the BT pigtail make sure to up the fuse to 15A. The compressor will blow the stock 5A fuse … how do I know?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts