StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 dl650 and I really want a top box. I have been considering the outback trekker. Looking for a rugged design like that.

I stumbled on these pazoma boxes and I'd like to know if they are any good. Way cheaper than givi.

https://www.ebay.com/i/302457815392

Anyone here used them???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
That looks nice. Moderately priced.
Are you looking for an aluminum box or just something large-ish? Home Depot has a large-ish box that is only 39 or so dollars.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks nice. Moderately priced.

Are you looking for an aluminum box or just something large-ish? Home Depot has a large-ish box that is only 39 or so dollars.

Yeah I looked at those boxes after reading about it here. I just don't think I would like how it would look and I definitely want a quick release option. Thanks for the suggestion tho.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
Both SW-Motech and Givi make side case mounts where the mount itself is quick release.

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
" I definitely want a quick release "

There are devices called "Detent Pins" and Clevis pins that can replace bolts and nuts to make for QD of any application.
Low cost alternative to pricey boxes with nice keys.
I made a QD locking device, actually a modified rain gutter nail, that keeps my Kopin gas can from being absconded.
This DIY stuff and some folks lack the wherewithal and knack for such fun. Commercial products to the rescue!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have no experience with these boxes but I'm always leery of adds with excessive typos.
Have you checked prices at www.motostorm.it ?

Yeah, that's where I'll probably end up ordering a top box and mount plate. I was hoping someone here was going to tell me the cheap pazoma box is awesome. Lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Both SW-Motech and Givi make side case mounts where the mount itself is quick release.

I wasn't aware of that. Thanks. I will check it out. Want to get some panniers eventually, but first I really need a top box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts