StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
15,608 Posts
I'm led to believe the the PW shelf attaches to the two upper body panel screws and was a bit flimsy.
I wacked a piece of 1/16 'lunimum plate and made a 12.5X5" shelf. I rounded the corners to clear the windscreen. Found a couple odd bits of stock in a can and bent a pair of angle brackets to hold it up using those fairing screws. I cut a piece of another 'U' channel in half and used it as a doubler. I used 3 stainless screws to hold it all together. It seems structurally stout but still light. I put some faucet washers under the support brackets to protect the paint on the fairing and tightened it up.
I did prime and paint it flat black before mounting.
My GPS to place there is the old Street III without batteries so there isn't much weight.
Maybe a thermometer will be in the offing.
No pics because I don't know how to post them.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I agree. I had a Mix-It2 and Datel Voltmeter on my Pat Walsh shelf and it vibrated too much. Through this last winter I bent up a new one from 1/8" aluminum diamond plate and mounted it with the four capscrews that are used in the windshield mounting. Absolutely no movement now. The shelf is in the storage box.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts