StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I put the Pat Walsh crash bar system on my 2009 V-strom 1000. Fitment of the skid and the crashbars are top-notch. The instructions are awesome. The screen that comes with the system, I personally didn't really care for. It does say in the instructions that I might have to bend and manipulate the screen to get it to fit just right. I didn't bend it that much, and it looks like, I might have to cut part of the screen. It didn't fit quite right.

I called up Gary at PWD, and talked to him about my concerns. Awesome and friendly guy to talk to. He said the 1000's, for some reason, the exhaust header pipe is almost always in a different position depending on the bike. I'm ok with that. It's not thier fault Zook can't put the exhaust in the same place everytime. So, he made things right for me. I was waiting for the highway pegs to come back into stock, and he's just gonna ship me some pegs for the hassle of the screen.

Now, I wasn't really complaining to him, I just wanted to talk about my concerns and possibly return the screen. He went above and beyond what I expected. More companies need to take this attitude when it comes to customer service! Thanks Gary at PWD!

I really like the looks to the skid and the crash bars. My bike is black, so the crash bars really don't asthetically stick out all that much. I like the skid a lot better than that POS plastic that Zook deemed necessary to put on the bike. I can now change my oil without taking that stupid thing off. The drain holes in the skid are in a perfect location for the residual oil from the filter and plug.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I've had one on my Wee for years. Nice to have a big flat surface under there when you want the bike off the ground - with both wheels off for new tires. Saved me some $$$ at the shop for having the wheels off the bike.

The fit on mine was perfect. I fortunately haven't tested the crash worthiness of it.

I've had the same level of service from PWD with other purchases and general questions.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Nice to hear what I've always thought of my PWD skid/bars combo - it's a finely crafted system for sure. Top notch and great service too.

·
$Whatever$
1,598 Posts
They do work... I've tested both sides now.... Came away with some scatches on the side bags, the bars hold the bike up......

:yikes:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I really like the looks to the skid and the crash bars. My bike is black, so the crash bars really don't asthetically stick out all that much.
Most crash bars I've seen are black as well.... If you want them to stick out more, paint/powercoat them a bright color :beatnik:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts