StromTrooper banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to let the group know that these bolt right up. No alignment issues at all. I got them installed this morning. Nice kit!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I have yet to hear of any Wee bar set that doesn't fit the Glee. I'd like to see a full pic of the bike but from what I see here, the PW bars look better to me on the Glee than on the Wee.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have yet to hear of any Wee bar set that doesn't fit the Glee. I'd like to see a full pic of the bike but from what I see here, the PW bars look better to me on the Glee than on the Wee.
I am the first one who bolted up a set of these bars, so while Gary from PWD and I were both expecting them to fit, you don't truly know until you try.

I agree that they look a lot better on this bike than on the earlier design DL650.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wow, it does look nice. I was having a conversation with Gary via email about these. He told me he had a customer that was going to put them on as soon as he got his bike. Well that was obviously you.

After getting his email last night (and before seeing this thread) I ordered a set too.

Thanks for the pictures Tom, I'm getting excited.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check you lower right hand bolt on the expanded metal section. Its loose.
I got interrupted while installing. Fixed it a few days ago. Upper wasn't torqued down either

·
Registered
55 Posts
Like many other Stromtroopers here, I'm still waiting for my new Wee to arrive at the dealer! Many thanks to Tom who volunteered to be my fitment tester for the 2012+ model. I agree that they actually look better on the new Wee than the old one. That was an unexpected bonus.

When Suzuki announced the new model last year, I was certain that I would need to do a complete redesign. As a result, I put production of new crash bars on hold until I could see what re-works would need to be done. My dilemma now is that even though we have confirmed that they fit, I have very few crash bar sets in stock! :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
I couldn't bother you take a picture from the side could I, I just want to know how far these bars stick out compared to the side plastics.....i.e. would these protect the orange plastics in a drop?

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I couldn't bother you take a picture from the side could I, I just want to know how far these bars stick out compared to the side plastics.....i.e. would these protect the orange plastics in a drop?
They look like they will. I'll drop it soon enough if you want to wait... :green_lol:

·
Registered
14 Posts
AWESOME!!!! just ordered my set as of 2mins ago.....they'll be on a 650, but I still believe I can drop mine first....hopefully after i get the bars:thumbup:

·
38,103 Posts
I just noticed the front axle fork pinch bolt is on the other side from the older bikes.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Since the Glee and Wee frames are identical, I can't imagine they'd be an issue retrofitting bars from a Wee to Glee. Any veracity to this hypothesis?

·
38,103 Posts
Since the Glee and Wee frames are identical, I can't imagine they'd be an issue retrofitting bars from a Wee to Glee. Any veracity to this hypothesis?
They aren't really identical, but they will trade crashbars if the plastics don't get in the way, the Richland Rick peg lowering kit works on both and the center stands would if a retraction stop is added on the Glee when using a Wee stand.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just installed my PWD system. Easy installation and not one beer was hurt in the process (this time). I likey!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pat Walsh crash bars for DL1000

Just checked the Pat Walsh website. Seems he has gotten out of the Crash Bar business for the time being.:furious:

Quote " We are out of stock of our crash bar systems for the DL650/DL1000 and have made the decision discontinue the current versions."

Dang. Scraped up the cash to buy the bars, now I'll hafta wait until he comes up with something new. Guess I'll get to that job of painting the exhaust system...:yesnod:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts