StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to reposition the pass. pegs of my Vee2. I am not having any luck finding anything. Any suggestions? She says her knees get sore on a longer ride.

·
Vendor
5,367 Posts
Yes, my wife says teh same thing and has been after me to finish our passenger peg lowering kit. In the mean time there are some available and discussed somewhere on this site.

passenger peg lowering - Bing images

Edit: Sometimes when you think about something long enough you can come up with an easier/less expensive way to do things.
This just became my next project.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the rest of your stuff is fantastic that I have used. So if you want a Guinea Pig I would be happy to help with R&D.

·
Vendor
5,367 Posts
The problem with really simple solutions is that you have to go through a bunch of complicated thought to get to them. I have found that the simple solution usually lies on the other side of throwing out a bunch of pre-conceived notions and limitations you thought were unavoidable. It was that way with my footpeg and control lowering kit. All the previous solutions tried to solve the problem within the obvious limitations. Eliminating the limitations allowed the solution to reveal itself. Same with this problem.

I'm so stinking excited about this I have already ordered the materials. Expect photos in about a week.

No beta tester needed since I own a Vee2, but you can have production model number 1.

How much lower does you're wife want? The simplest approach moves the peg location down and forward in line with the opening of the passenger peg mount, but other options are possible.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes, my wife says teh same thing and has been after me to finish our passenger peg lowering kit. In the mean time there are some available and discussed somewhere on this site.

passenger peg lowering - Bing images

Edit: Sometimes when you think about something long enough you can come up with an easier/less expensive way to do things.
This just became my next project.

My wife would love her pegs lowered too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Maybe you can add a less expensive folding shifter, and a folding brake pedal to your selection Rick? That Touratech one is nice but way over priced IMO.
I would be interested in very simple solution something like universal attachable folding tip. This would require grinding/cutting off OEM tip prior attaching aftermarket one, but would work on any bike and that way you can adjust shifter length too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rick, I thank you so very much for your responses. I will have her her on the bike in a day or so and get back with you. I am thinking a slightly different angle may be in order as well.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I ordered a set of passenger peg lowering brackets for my '12 650 off of a guy on ADVrider a few years ago. Maybe he offers them for the new 1k?
The only caveat I have is that they are ankle busters when pushing the bike around in the garage. It bothers me enough to consider removing them, but for now, they remain in place. My wife will not ride without them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
372 Posts
I've already drilled out the rear mounts on my glee so I could mount KLR pegs for my girl. I'm using the IMS SuperStock pegs made for the KLR front and rear. The stock pegs are dangerous as hell, especially in the wet. If the lowering kit could be made to work with the stock front pegs and/or the KLR pegs, the would be real nice.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I would buy a set of these, Rick, if you decide to give them a shot. My wife preferred the passenger accommodations on the Glee, mainly due to the different footpeg position. I really want her to be happy on the new bike.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I looked at the 2018 1000 V Strom at the Mpls IMS, and took a close look at the passenger pegs. It seemed like the easier solution would be to relocate the bracket & footpeg with an extension "plate" back at the frame. With a little artistic creativity and black paint, these "plates" could look factory.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
A lot of bag racks also use the pillion peg brackets for their support so the racks would need adjusting too.

·
Vendor
5,367 Posts
I have it all worked out. I'm 99% certain the idea will work. I tried to make a set, but it involves very deep milling and as with most new programs there were bugs. As a result I broke my last "long" roughing end mill. The new end mills are supposed to be here tomorrow and I'm hopeful I have the kinks worked out of the program/milling sequence and hold down method.

I'll try to post pics Tuesday night, the 28th.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you for your efforts on this. The wives, girlfriends, and or significant others that like to hang out on the back of our beloved Vee2's I'm sure will be very happy. I cant wait to try them.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts