StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody else have a problem with the rubber inserts of the passenger footpegs? Every time a passenger mounts/dismounts, the rubber insert of the left-side peg twists out of its bed.

I have a one-month old DL650 ABS - did I just get a bad part, or is this common?

If it's common, any hints as to how to stop this? I'm thinking of adhesives, but I'm not quite sure what material the footpeg rubber is.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
I've been having the same thing happen when my wife gets off the bike too. I was thinking about some adhesive, but for now, I've been just reaching down and giving it a twist back to where it belongs.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Same here. When I saw it, the thought went through my mind, "<Sigh> Yet another factory accessory that needs to be replaced with a higher-quality after-market part." Then the thought went through my mind, "Cool! Another farkle! Yay!"

My wife keeps asking me, "Are you done YET buying things for that bike of yours?!?"

I told her, "Nope, it's a journey, not a destination." :twisted:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Does anybody else have a problem with the rubber inserts of the passenger footpegs? Every time a passenger mounts/dismounts, the rubber insert of the left-side peg twists out of its bed.

I have a one-month old DL650 ABS - did I just get a bad part, or is this common?

If it's common, any hints as to how to stop this? I'm thinking of adhesives, but I'm not quite sure what material the footpeg rubber is.
I just showed my wife how to mount and dismount without piviting on the peg.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Passenger footpeg rubbers twisting!

Bought my '07 DL650 ABS on 26 Mar. '07, my first ride with Mrs. SoPaGuider resulted in the same problem, just twisted them back in place. Would like to know if there is a fix or a set of aftermarket adjustable passenger footpegs/brackets available?
mtlee, my wife and I will be riding to Northfield, Marshall, Fulda, MN in late summer or fall while on a ride of the upper midwest. We are looking to hookup with fellow V-Strom riders along the way to enlighten us on the "Land Of 10,000 Lakes and surrounding states! Keep an eye out for a twin weestrom with riders wearing all white Arai's.

Jeff (SoPaRider)/Karen (SoPaGuider)

'07 DL650AK7 (83 days and 1,275 miles)
'99 KLR650A13 (77,000+ miles, 48 states and DC, 2 1,000+ mile rides to MO;sold Sep. '06
'96 DR350S (29,000+ miles)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I used a couple of small cable ties to secure the rubber sleeve on each footpeg. There is even a slot through the footpeg that you can pass the cable tie through. Since using the ties, I haven't had the rubber sleeves rotate at all. My wife is much happier now.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used a couple of small cable ties to secure the rubber sleeve on each footpeg. There is even a slot through the footpeg that you can pass the cable tie through. Since using the ties, I haven't had the rubber sleeves rotate at all. My wife is much happier now.
Brilliant! Just ran out and tied 'em down - we'll see how it works out. I just love two-cent solutions!

Mike

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
same deal

foot peg grip rotated when passenger got on ,all so left hand grip came loose, i glued it with contact cement, my mountainbike has locking grips , kinda pisses me off when you buy a new bike and simple stuff like that shows up ,and your mountainbike has it sorted out

·
Off Wee-ing in the woods
676 Posts
I did this a few months ago and it's been holding well for a couple thousand miles :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts