StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced my Givi E21's with E36NJ's (side bags). My wife took a ride with me the other day and complained of the passenger pegs not being accessible, getting on the bike or not having enough room while riding.

When we got back home, I took a look and she's right. The bags are in the way of the passenger pegs. There's very little room for adjusting positions and I can see how difficult it is to contort the foot to mount up.

I looked on line at twistedthrottle and found a set of adjustable passenger pegs but I haven't found much else.

Does anyone have the same problem and if so, what has been your solution?

PICS would be great if you have them.:yesnod:

It would seen to me that if you use the MFW Vario pegs they would just position the passengers' foot even closer to the riders foot and possibly cause another issue.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I have the same bags (E-36's) and my wife doesn't like the peg to bag clearance at all. She won't ride on the bike hardly at all. Do the 21's give you a lot more room? I may downsize my bags, I also looked at the MFW pegs, but I would want both sets to match-it would be cheaper to buy the Givi 21's. Cheers--BB

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes indeed, the 21's do provide more leg room but they're capacity isn't what you need for a 2 up ride for a week. They're ok for just one rider but two people would need to be very creative packers.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I got the e41's on mine and had my first pasanger the other day and she said the same sort of thing. You can get heal on the pegs but its not realy right idea. And looking at it ya the pegs seam to far back or the bags to far forward.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I know it's not real helpful after the fact, but the SW-Motech racks, from what I've read, place the luggage farther towards the rear a significant enough amount so as to afford the passenger a lot more room. Ditto the top-case mounts. I believe HB is the same (further back).

It seems like Givi was really only ever planning on us having short, skinny passengers, if any at all.

·
Evolving Curmudgeon
1,119 Posts
My S.O. complained too so I moved the pegs to new locations further forward, lower, and closer together. Also, if you measure carefully and correctly you will find that that stock pegs are not symetrically located. I used some pegs from another bike and had to make mounting brackets. I'll try to post pics later.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I would like to see pics of your E36's installed in relationship to the pegs. Maybe a pic of your SO's foot in the her preferred riding position.

I've had 45 litre cases installed and they did not interfere with my wifes long legs and big feet!:confused:

·
Registered
779 Posts
A fellow Strommer made extenstions. I got all the parts to do the same thing. I acquired the parts but didn't made the peg extensions.
It's a great, simple, idea.
http://www.stromtrooper.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49240
Only difference with his design would be to use 2 brackets(welded together to stiffen up the bracket) and eliminate the cross brace. His setup is just beautiful.

Les

·
Registered
779 Posts
I bought them. I bought the wrong ones. Absolutely call before you order.
They are pricey. I'm thinking it was $175-$200.

Les

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought them. I bought the wrong ones. Absolutely call before you order.
They are pricey. I'm thinking it was $175-$200.

Les
The brackets are 49.00 and the pegs are 35.00 pairs @ twistedthrottle.com

·
Registered
58 Posts
We just installed the MFW pegs with 50mm extension arms. My girlfriend likes them much better than the original pegs except she did say they were more buzzy since they aren't rubber covered. We use soft saddle bags so there was more clearance than the Givi's anyway but if need be I can get pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
654 Posts
We just installed the MFW pegs with 50mm extension arms. My girlfriend likes them much better than the original pegs except she did say they were more buzzy since they aren't rubber covered. We use soft saddle bags so there was more clearance than the Givi's anyway but if need be I can get pictures tomorrow.
pictures please

·
Registered
779 Posts
I paid $171.18 with shipping from Twisted Throttle. When I sent them back they told me that I ordered the wrong ones. The people at Twisted Throttle are really great. It was a total screw up on my part.

Les

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just an FYI if anyone is looking for bags and worried about passenger footrest access. I recently bought two of the cheap JC Whitney type large cases ($100 shipped) from Sears and mounted them on a Givi rack. My girlfriend can use the stock foot rests with no problems with the cases on. I believe they are about the same size as the Givi 36's. The quality can't be beat for the money.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The pegs can be set at any of the 8 notched positions on the bracket, think of taking a pie and cutting it into 8 slices. They also fold up nicer than the OEM pegs, they have a nice spring stack that holds them firmly in place.

·
Registered
654 Posts
The pegs can be set at any of the 8 notched positions on the bracket, think of taking a pie and cutting it into 8 slices. They also fold up nicer than the OEM pegs, they have a nice spring stack that holds them firmly in place.
ok so they can go straight forward then i assume. great i know next thing on my list lol

only issue as you mentioned is the extra vibration. There are pegs with some rubber for them but its not the same. So hey got to see what I am doing. Might make stock pegs fit lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
The MFW pegs have a bolt that goes straight through the middle lengthwise. The stock pegs are through the side. She said it was a noticeable vibration but it wasn't a deal breaker. The added room was well worth it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts