StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I saw a little activity on both this site and VSRI about people looking into floorboards for their passengers but no final answers. My wife has mentioned more than once that she would love a set. Has anybody found a set that works on the Wee?

Thanks,
mikeg

·
Registered
267 Posts
On the hunt as well!! I see some people using Goldwing pegs, any try similar cruiser floorboards?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Do a search on youtube for "vstrom setup" by ACKIV. 4 very good videos of all sorts of things this gentleman did with his strom. I put floorboards on mine for the wife and she loves them. Got the idea from the above videos. You do need to modify them somewhat, if you actually want to go with floorboards, but it's not to terrible bad if you have grinder and basic tools...:beatnik:

·
Registered
267 Posts
I came across those videos yesterday while searching. Good videos. I was hoping for something that did not need modification, mainly welding. But it would not be that bad to take it some where and have the welding done. I'm waiting for a no modification setup for now! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm with you Matthew, I could do the grinding, but I'd have to get the welding done somewhere. I'll let you know what happens with the ones I have on order.

mikeg

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the floorboards today. No surprise but they're not a direct fit. I'm going to have to play with them. I'll let you know if I come up with anything.

mikeg

·
Registered
69 Posts
Got the floorboards today. No surprise but they're not a direct fit. I'm going to have to play with them. I'll let you know if I come up with anything.

mikeg
Mike---I'm interested in these for my wife. How did the install come out?

Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts