StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the 1000 passenger pegs fit on the 08 Wee without modification? Anyone have these on a flat black Wee? Not sure how the shiny aluminum bracket and peg would look with the flat black. Do I need to even switch out the brackets?

Also, I see that some of you have replaced the stock rider pegs with aftermarkets. Is this purely for aesthetics? They seem to work fine for my needs (no off road) but maybe I'm missing something.

Barry

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
1000 passenger peg units bolt directly on the 650 frame.

·
38,048 Posts
Understand that means the brackets are included. It will change the looks and the weight, and maybe the rubber part will stay on easier without being tie wrapped. I don't expect much of any other advantage though.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Understand that means the brackets are included. It will change the looks and the weight, and maybe the rubber part will stay on easier without being tie wrapped. I don't expect much of any other advantage though.
It's actually lighter than the stock Wee's. Loose rubber pad is why I want to change em. I might just super glue the rubber and call it a day. If I buy them, do you know of a good source? BikeBandit. com had them but it looks to be around $175.00 for the pair?!

·
38,048 Posts
I don't have a source I'd consider worth the cost. A cable tie seems to be the standard method of keeping the rubber in place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts