StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked at a used 2012 today. Checked it our earlier this week and the wife says to "go take another look"

OK.....stop right here.

In an effort to continually guide you younger fellers through the hell fired cavernous Ninja Warrior inspired hoop jumping thing called "marriage", I offer to you some guidance and insight.

When you wife is on board with anything.......be it adding more toys to the garage that is already packed with fun stuff to raising chinchillas in your bathtub for fun and profit, you better just go with it. And do it right F-ing now!

Wife and I are planning some adventures in three week blocks to places unknown. This will be trailered down out of the snow and cold a few times a year if I like the test ride tomorrow.

Anything in particular I should be looking at or for? Bike has 4200 miles on it. Very clean.

·
Premium Member
3,477 Posts
Price? Farkles?

I just wear mine down by talking about a new purchase. Eventually she caves saying, "just go get it so I can have some peace".

·
Registered
30 Posts
I appreciate the marriage advice/buying advice. After 16 years of bliss, I completely understand! When my wife says I should "go take a look this weekend", I generally have to take a double take and wonder at my fortune. Then I begin to wonder what large expenditures she has in mind in the coming months..... She may be outsmarting you, but hey, at least you get a newer bike out of the deal!

·
Registered
253 Posts
They're way smarter than us ... after 23 years of marriage I know whatchu talkin' about. Now, based on a the previous post remarks, she might have some other plans in the future ... nevertheless you gotta take that green light of approval and get the bike! Who cares what comes next ... welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
402 Posts
My wife runs me through the standard three phase deal:

1. Me: Hey, I think I'd like to get a new bike! Wife: OH HELL NO, you're not getting another F-ing bike.
2. Days later... Me: But I really want a new bike, and gee wiz, it has ABS. Wife: Well then just go right ahead and get the GDamn bike (this means better not dare get the bike)
3. Days later... Me: I guess you're right, honey. I can ride this one a few more years. Wife: Well, I love you, go ahead and get it if you really want it!

This can take several weeks. Oddly, green lighting my new GSA only took her one sleep. I closed the deal at the dealership hours later that same day... Hmmmmm.... Could she be cheating on me? :confused::grin2:

Actually, now that she has her own DR200 to ride, she has a whole new appreciation for riding and my MC sickness. 0:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Haha, all the other times, I asked the Wifey in advance.
This time I just went ahead, and got the bike.
She was pissed!!

She got over it though.

OP, go take another look while you have her blessing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We're fortunate enough for her to be able to retire early and I work mostly for 5 months and have just one week a month to work the rest of the year. So that gives us a lot of free time. She's got the travel bug for some winter adventures where we just pack up some camping gear, trailer a bike and go.

Coupled with a young family member having a very serious medical emergency quite recently (everything is thankfully ok now!), I like to catch her in her "You only go around once, better have fun and make the most of it" mode. I find it almost too easy to justify any purchase.

I could ask for a Mike Tyson inspired face tattoo and two inflatable Wacky Waving Tube Men to flank the entrance to our driveway and not even get a blink.

Other than this stator issue, which I better research....is there anything else I should be looking for?

·
Vendor
4,932 Posts
My wife is always pestering me to get another another motorcycle. She firmly believes there should be a correlation between Louis Vitton and Coach purses hanging in the closet and motorcycles in the garage. I know it sounds expensive, but there are import taxes higher than that in some countries.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This man above knows......

I did get the bike and got it at a better price too.
Feeling pretty good. Can't wait to bolt stuff all over it. Nice to sit at "the cool kids table" too.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
The way I work it ...Its always better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission...0:)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think I'll throw a little back. There's this dining room set she's been eying up. I think I'll go and surprise her with it.

The set we have is so old, the design was inspired by Stonehenge and is made of the same material.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Crud Run

Hey Rat,

you gotta bring that wife of yours to the fall Slimey Crud Run this fall.
We'd love to meet her.
Enjoy that new bike!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts