StromTrooper banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story, but my neighbor dropped my 2006 Wee. Let's just say he's ok. My 2006 Wee didn't fair as well.

I need the right side tank cowl (fairing?) in red and NO ONE can get me one. Bikebandit said they had one when I ordered it (they were the only company that showed it as available), but then sent me an email two days later telling me it's unavailable. I'm still waiting on the CC refund.

Do you think this is the current "supply chain issues" we're all experiencing with other products, due to covid, or are these normally hard to get?

The other thing is everything I've searched on EBay is either the wrong color or in worse shape than mine. If I need to fix and paint one, I'll just fix mine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Plan on fixing yours if you can, colorrite.com for paint match. They have really good quality paint. Those body panels are nearly impossible to get new, and used ones usually worse shape and never the right color. Good little winter project

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Replacement body parts for a bike that age will be tough. I think most companies, if they can supply parts that old at all, do them on-demand or in batches when they have enough orders stacked up, so it could be awhile.

If it has collision/comprehensive, I'd guess the insurance company will consider it totaled. :(

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Replacement body parts for a bike that age will be tough. I think most companies, if they can supply parts that old at all, do them on-demand or in batches when they have enough orders stacked up, so it could be awhile.

If it has collision/comprehensive, I'd guess the insurance company will consider it totaled. :(
Well that's a bummer. Considering they ran this body thru the 2011 model year, I didn't think it was "that old".
Ended up ordering from Colorite.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts