StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Great weekend of riding! We didn't do the full Puppy Dog but we still got over 600 miles in for the weekend.

We went up Friday PM and camped at the Queechee State Park. Glad we got a leanto since it drizzled Friday night -- the only rain of the weekend!

On Saturday we plugged in the Long route from Silver Lake to Quebec into our GPS. This winds all over the Green Mountains and the national forest and offers some sweet views of VT farmland and mountains. The roads are dirt but smooth and there were only a couple of National Forest roads that we're a bit sketchy. We only went as far as Waterbury and then took back roads back to Queechee.

Our friend WayneC arrived Saturday PM, and of course my pillion needed to check out his sidecar.

Wayne also brought Lucy. No puppy ride is complete without a pup in the sidecar!

We're beginning to learn to bring (or buy) just the bare essentials to make moto camping most pleasant.

On Sunday we did the stretch southward to Greenfield MA. Plenty of lovely forest dirt roads, many winding along rivers and streams, but not as many nice views as the northern section.

Just remember, if you hit this sign along the route, your GPS is correct!

Oh, here's the route.

pmk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Way cool

You two rule! Do you have a pic of Wee all loaded? I'd like to see where you mount that cooler.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We've been able to get everything we need into our Givi 52 topcase and 46 side cases.

We didn't bring the cooler -- the nice staff people at the State Park lent us theirs! I returned it with a few beers in it!

pmk

·
Registered
471 Posts
Great pics !!! You're playing in my neck of the woods............Love it !!..........TD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts