StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about riding there Friday or Saturday and then back to Boston Sunday or Monday. Canada will prolly be okay for lodging, but northern New England will have zero vacancies this weekend.

Anybody want to tag along? It's 522 miles from Boston according to Google maps. Here's a picture from a similar trip in 2007 on Columbus weekend.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
Have a safe ride, Tom!

I am heading south for the week.

A photo from my annual trip there this year.

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
Sorry Tom,
Would have, but we're riding out to Adirondacks fri, sat and sunday. Staying near Lake George friday and saturday nights, going to Lake Placid on sat. day(I hope the bobsled run is open!):green_lol:

Chris

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At least you guys are going somewhere. I hope you are too, Scott!

Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I decided against Canada for this weekend, mostly because of high temps in the low 40's around the Saguenay, clouds, and high winds, but there will be a Maine trip within the next week or so.

I can take that kind of weather for a couple of hours, but I don't have enough electric gear to be out all day in it.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
I am in New Jersey for tonight, all day tomorrow, (soccer tourns with my nephews and neice), tomorrow night, then I start heading for West Virginia on Sunday.

I hope to be back in NY, VT, or NH by next Wednesday evening, so I can strike for home on Thursday.

Yesterday, I purchased a Delorme Gazetteer for WV and PA and will be studying them tomorrow at some point to begin to make a plan about what I am actually doing.........

Woof.

B.L.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yesterday, I purchased a Delorme Gazetteer for WV and PA and will be studying them tomorrow at some point to begin to make a plan about what I am actually doing.........
WV is a lot like Vermont. There are no bad roads. :thumbup:

Frost advisory for all of New England Sunday morning. High wind advisory in Maine later today.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
I am in NH for tonight at Scott's house. I head home tomorrow. I will have ridden about 2,200 miles when I get back to MDI.

I made it as far south as Brandywine, WV before turning back north. Yesterday was my longest day. I rode 511 miles from Latrobe, PA to Lake George, NY. I am guessing that I shot about 700 - 800 photos. Unbelievable foliage colors in NY and VT this morning!!!! Perfect day of riding.

I will share a little more once I get settled in back at home.

B.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts