StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for some riding pants that have a slim fit. I am 6"0 tall and weigh 215 but it is all upper body. every pair of riding pants I try on feels like a sail below my waist and I make swishing sounds. I need some winter pants that are waterproof. looked at revit and scott ( on the net) no dealer close enough to try them on. anybody use these brands or have another suggestion?

·
Registered
15,094 Posts
The Darien and Road Crafter pants from Aerostitch have a set of velcro strips at the bottom the allow for a tight fit around the boot.
Keeps the floppys from happening.
Nothing worse than billowing jackets and flapping pants!

·
Registered
101 Posts
looked at revit and scott ( on the net) no dealer close enough to try them on.
I have a pair of medium tall REV'IT! Sand (1, not 2) pants that have separate zip-in waterproof and thermal liners. They are not intended as overpants, though I do wear them over my work slacks when it starts to get colder out. Especially with the thermal liner in, they are a nice, non-floppy fit on my skinny legs. I also ended up buying a pair of REV'IT! Airwave overpants, but those are significantly looser and not waterproof.

Have you tried your local Craigslist to see if anyone is selling gear in those brands? That's how I initially found out that I was too tall for the regular length pants.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Another approach would be a pair of great-fitting 3-season pants, but with overpants during the cold, wet weather. I'm 6'-3" and lanky. My BMW City 2 pants fit like a pair of 70s Levis, and provide outstanding protection. And (at least according to my wife) they don't look dorky. Worth every penny.

·
Premium Member
4,177 Posts
You could look at some leather pants from Leatherup.com. Just remember to smile if anyone starts singing the YMCA song to you. ;)

Leather tends to fit snugger and is the best slide protection (debatable). Find a pair with knee armor but without the puck option. Leather is also warm since it blocks wind. Not so good in steady rain though.

Aerostich make some amazing waterproof treated leather "Transit" pants if you have deep pockets. A friend owns a set of these and loves them. He rides in pouring rain a lot and says they never get wet.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I find that the Olympia Ranger 3 pants are a slimmer fit than any textiles I've previously owned before and they are waterproof too. My leathers are tight, but I am assuming you are looking for textiles.

·
Registered
874 Posts
You can take your tent-pants and get them altered for not too much $. You might need to re-seal the seams though.

Didn't you guys ever "peg" your jeans when you were into punk-rock?:yesnod:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Aerostitch will do some tailoring for you. Otherwise I find Dianese and Alpinestars pants are slimmer than average.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have chicken legs, and most armored pants are way too baggy for me.

Just got a pair of Fly Butane overpants, and they are much better than others, just a little baggy.

Cycle Gear's Bilt Cargo pants are not too bad, I have the black and camo. They have Kevlar lining and knee armor, can't complain as they were only $69.

I had my wife make modifications to my Fieldsheer jeans, she had to fold in about 4 inches of material to make it less baggy.

All of them, however, have issues with knee armor moving all over the place.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts