StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might sound nutty but I kind of like the popping and backfiring that occurs on some bikes during deceleration. My understanding is that on a Strom, the PAIR system prevents this. If I remove/ disable PAIR, will popping and backfiring occur? If so, can this damage anything (e.g. TBs could get popped off their boots on a hard backfire (?).

Peter

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
It isn't the PAIR system. Do you have a DL1000? there are many threads on the lean problem.

·
Registered
252 Posts
It is my understanding that the PAIR system is what CREATES the popping when an aftermarket exhaust is used because it injects air into the exhaust stream to complete combustion of any unburned fuel. It pops with the stock pipes on too, but you can't hear it as much. Or so I'm told...

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
It is my understanding that the PAIR system is what CREATES the popping when an aftermarket exhaust is used
Strictly as a point of logic, I fail to see how the PAIR system can be blamed for creating a problem that began when aftermarket equipment was installed ... :confused:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK...we're not communicating here.

I like popping and spitting sounds on decel, but I can't get it with OEM exhaust. So...I installed a pair of Akra slipons....it sounds great, but still no popping.

How do obtain popping/ spitting sounds on decel?

Peter

·
Registered
22,265 Posts
OK...we're not communicating here.

I like popping and spitting sounds on decel, but I can't get it with OEM exhaust. So...I installed a pair of Akra slipons....it sounds great, but still no popping.

How do obtain popping/ spitting sounds on decel?

Peter
loosen up some exaust clamps, air will leak in, you will get poping

it annoys me, I have a bad gasket on one of my clamps, bang, sounds like a gunshot

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Hold the throttle open and hit the kill switch on the handlebars, Keep the throtle open and then turn the switch back on,,, BANG !!!!! Oh be sure your in gear going down the road
Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts