StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a shop to paint the orange body panels into a color I like. The owner gave me a couple of catalogs to pick colors. I'll get the parts to him this week and will post up the pictures when it's done.

I tried to let the orange grow on me, but after six weeks, that process went nowhere.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
So I assume you are going with red? Excellent choice! My SV is red. Red, black, gold and white are my favorite colors. Still waiting to see if TX dude wants to swap plastics with me. I like the black!

How much to paint the panels?

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I assume you are going with red? Excellent choice! My SV is red. Red, black, gold and white are my favorite colors. Still waiting to see if FL dude wants to swap plastics with me. I like the black!

How much to paint the panels?
My first Vstrom was red. I miss it. Never warmed up to my '07 silver one and never painted it because the gas tank complicates the process.

I haven't got a price yet, but I'm sure it'll be faaaaaaar cheaper than it would be for me to gear up and paint the parts myself. I have done this type of thing in the past and know what it takes to get a professional finish. I'm sure the local guy will give me a fair price.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Why not use the base color and have him do a flame job over it.

If you're gonna paint it, paint it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Post pictures when it is done! I am sure that it will look great. I also do not like the orange. It looks kind of bland and once the sun gets exposed to it for years, who knows what it will look like-- Puke Orange:confused:. Silver, red, or yellow would have been good options. There is a pic here of a guy that had his Wee painted yellow, and it also looks great!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Post pictures when it is done! I am sure that it will look great. I also do not like the orange. It looks kind of bland and once the sun gets exposed to it for years, who knows what it will look like-- Puke Orange:confused:. Silver, red, or yellow would have been good options. There is a pic here of a guy that had his Wee painted yellow, and it also looks great!

Yeah, my fox orange is pretty bland and like puke.....:green_lol: :green_lol: but still the fastest color!

I think it's already starting to go bland from being in the sun...lol!

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I love the orange, but I grew up in the '70's.

They could wrap it in Avacado Green shag carpeting and I probably wouldn't mind.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Since I don't have a Ferrari dealer very close by, I picked a color that isn't too far off Italian Red.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Crap.

Now you're gonna hafta chrome the wheels.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I never owned a piece of chrome in my life. I had shiny aluminum wheels once -- never again!

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
You haven't lived 'til you're see kitchen cabinetry in aqua.

Lovely, just lovely...

I'm a child of the 50's, when hideous colours/patterns were in.

I love the orange, but I grew up in the '70's.

They could wrap it in Avacado Green shag carpeting and I probably wouldn't mind.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You haven't lived 'til you're see kitchen cabinetry in aqua.

Lovely, just lovely...

I'm a child of the 50's, when hideous colours/patterns were in.
So which is more hip, avocado or burnt fox orange shag? :biggrinjester:

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
So which is more hip, avocado or burnt fox orange shag? :biggrinjester:
Actually, Harvest Gold shag gives them both a run for the money.

Dusty Rose was Satans doing.

:hurray:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Actually, Harvest Gold shag gives them both a run for the money.

Dusty Rose was Satans doing.

:hurray:
My house was completed in 1973.

The guest bathtub is a delightfil Harvest Gold.

I'm thinking about a flame paint job for it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just curious what a paint shop might charge for a decent color change?

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just curious what a paint shop might charge for a decent color change?
I'll post the details as soon as I get them. I dropped off the five panels on Wednesday and expect a quote the beginning of the week.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'll post the details as soon as I get them. I dropped off the five panels on Wednesday and expect a quote the beginning of the week.

Thank you sir, looking forward to seeing a red A2!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Not only is your Photoshop-fu strong, I think that may just look better than the fox orange. Dammit. Now I want one :-(

1 - 20 of 79 Posts