StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have painted plastic hardcases, what kind of paint is recommended. I wanting to paint the trim on mine and I'm pretty sure normal Krylon or whatever will probably peel right off. What's the right stuff to paint plastic with?

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I used that (relatively) new "Fusion" Spray paint for plastic on mine and it came out great with no primer. It's been on there for a year (parks outside (no garage)) and still looks good. I got it at Home Depot.

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
I used the RustOleum version, 'paint for plastic', on my vinyl exterior shutters, and they've weathered about 18 months of wind, sun, rain and snow, temps from -20 to +94, and they still look great.

Basically just clean and spray.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. A new Walmart opened up not far from the office so I went by there today and they had the Fusion paint for plastic. I sprayed on a couple of coats that are drying, and I'll but one more on after while. Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, here's the finished product. All I did was paint the ugly orange trip around the middle to a semi flat black using the Fusion paint. Was no big deal and looks a lot better.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for the post. I will try and do the same for mine. I have the same setup on my k7. Like the satin black.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts