StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
i know some of you guys have done it all ready so I was starting to think that i might paint my 2012 V Strom adventure and was wondering what it is going to cost me. i am thinking to going to the 2007 silver or grey not sure but not a big fan sure if i want to stay with a black bike.

TommyO

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The big part of the job is getting the front painted plastic piece off. It's a lot of work. Once off, you have to find a painter who will use a flex agent in the paint and clear coat. Metallic and pearl finish paints are more expensive.

Tmcgee wrote it cost him $250 to get the removed plastics painted. I did a bad job of finding a good place and paid twice that for a non metallic.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
All the pro automotive paint guys told me to go pick a color off a car dealer lot and that's exactly what I did. You can't tell beans about color from paint chips on flat paper stock.

Get the stock number off the car and the parts guy at the dealer will get you the paint code. Modern body shops mix their own paint. All I did was bring them the 5 plastic pieces and the paint code. It was a $250 job.

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
If you price paint and all the stuff and time it takes to do a good job, that $250 is like for FREE. you got lucky.:mrgreen:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts