StromTrooper banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know of a good quality "rattlecan" paint for my exhaust guard. My wee is an '09 black and silver. A saddlebag rubbed it.

The guard is that grey or silver color that I would like to match. I'd like to avoid the "ColorRite" pricing and get fairly close with a commercially available aerosol paint. I was even thinking of going to a paint store and see if they make up aerosol cans, and could match the guard.

Thanks for any ideas.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Krylon "Fusion" is specialy formulated for use on plastic. Available at Walmart. Numerous colors available.

Also, Rustoleum is now made for any surface. Not sure if it's their entire line or a special formula other than the original.

I've seen those guards painted "Satin Black" and they look good.

·
Registered
99 Posts
VHT also is another good brand that I use. Specifically the Satin Black paint they have for roll bars and other metal parts that are close to high heat sources. Works great.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
+1 on VHT paints. Easy to use, very durable, and it doesn't look like a rattle-can job if you put any effort in it at all.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is interesting that satin black was mentioned twice. It has crossed my mind to change the color to a black. I may just go that way.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can anyone tell me some stores that carry VHT paints?

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I used bed liner spray on mine, held up pretty well in a lay down in Death Valley and one day I might touch it up.
It is a Vstrom so I like the character stripes:thumbup:
Mike

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone, for the great ideas and information.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts