StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you prevent the magnetic tank bag from scratching the paint on the gas tank?

I've had one on my old bike, and the tank did not look very good after just a few trips.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I use a tourmaster magnetic tank bag and have had no problems after several thousand miles. I think the trick is to make sure both surfaces are clean and make sure the magnets are strong enough for the weight. Mine does not move at all. That's why I went with a magnetic bag instead of a strap on. I assumed the strap on would be more likely to shift or the straps to chafe.

I've heard of a tank bag that clips on to some kind of ring that mounts to the fuel cap opening but I really don't know anything about it.

·
Super Moderator
16,235 Posts
babooka said:
How do you prevent the magnetic tank bag from scratching the paint on the gas tank?

I've had one on my old bike, and the tank did not look very good after just a few trips.
No scratches on my tank! Be sure the bag has a nice soft bottom, and there is ZERO dirt, dust and other junk, clinging to the liner. I have the Cortech bag..if you were wondering! :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts