StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Stromtroopers,

This is my first post and my first motorcycle (yeah I am nothing short of ecstatic to become a Stromtrooper :thumbup:) I went with a 2011 vstrom 650 in black, its a beauty and brand new from the dealer. I am curious though. What have you guys paid for your bikes brand new? What deals have you seen in passing etc.? Early in my bike search, I stumbled on a 2006 vstrom at a pawn shop in very good condition with 12000 miles for $2800, and I would have bought it right there but didn't have that liquid capital. I mean thats over 30% off the average blue book value of around $4100.....:jawdrop: Alas, I got my bike new, 0 miles, with 1 year warranty for $7500 out-the-door, so with tax and fees included, the dealer retail I paid was around $7200~ , oh yeah and I got the 0% financing for 4 years from Suzuki, so I am happy about that. Did I stick it to the dealer?

·
Registered
618 Posts
I think you did well. I bought a 2009 wee with 4200 miles on it for $5200. There is always a comforting piece of mind when you buy new, because you know the full history of the bike. Anytime you buy used, there is always the risk that it has been abused.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
It's always a fair deal if both sides are happy. You got a great bike, obviously the dealer is ok with the money he made...it's a win-win.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Stromtrooper or not (welcome btw) this is the internet....even if you got a good deal (which is a state of mind anyhoo) there will be a bunch of people coming along telling you that you didn't and they did better.

Oh look, here come some now... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
I've purchased a few bikes from dealers. Sometimes I felt good about the price, sometimes I didn't. Someone is always going to tell you they paid a lot less than you.
Fugetaboutut. If you like the bike, don't seek knowledge you don't want to hear.
Frankly, if I can call you frankly, you f-d up not getting a $2800 Wee.:green_lol:

·
Registered
329 Posts
I think that's a pretty good deal for a brand new bike. I paid close to that for a new 2009. Welcome aboard, by the way. Keep the shiny side up on that new bike!

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I remember somebody got a deal like that.

He came home and said, "Ruby, My Dear. I got somthing that goes Trinkle, Tinkle and makes an Off Minor chord when I rev it."

She replied, "It's nutty, it seems to transform itself like an Epistrophy; it goes from sexy to Functional in a blink of the eye."

I think you got a good deal.

·
Registered
283 Posts
If you are happy, you got a good deal. Period..................

Welcome to the asylum here. Lot's of good riders and info to be had

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fugetaboutut. If you like the bike, don't seek knowledge you don't want to hear.
Frankly, if I can call you frankly, you f-d up not getting a $2800 Wee.:green_lol:
Yes, I agree. I am happy with the deal I got and I adore the bike. I am sure in a month that I wont give a crap about what others have paid and happily cruising along. But, after months of bike searching and tireless price matching, it is nice sometimes to see where you stand, purely ego. Oh, and I totally would have bought that 2800 v-strom straight out, but I was a dollar short and a day late.

I remember somebody got a deal like that.

He came home and said, "Ruby, My Dear. I got somthing that goes Trinkle, Tinkle and makes an Off Minor chord when I rev it."

She replied, "It's nutty, it seems to transform itself like an Epistrophy; it goes from sexy to Functional in a blink of the eye."

I think you got a good deal.
Good to hear. I am now in a Monk's Mood thanks to the Evidence that my Sweet & Lovely will be such a Love Supreme.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Good to hear. I am now in a Monk's Mood thanks to the Evidence that my Sweet & Lovely will be such a Love Supreme.
You'll have to point me to some Jazz clubs next time I visit Charleston.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts