StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
i would think only if they are not seen very well when turned on. that would be the only reason they wouldn't pass one. some LED and small regular signals aren't very bright. but if they are decent size and shine well, i would think it would be fine.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
It's not just a PA problem. Non-standard blinkers were a problem for my son in law with his Gixxer in Massachusetts, but it depends in large part on where you go and who does the inspecting. He just went to another place and got his sticker.

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
225 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the PA law states that IF the bike has blinkers, they have to work. If it doesn't have blinkers at all, the burden is on the rider to use hand signals as it is still illegal to turn without indicating.

My CB-1 has blinkers on it from a 600F3, and that added running lights to my front blinkers. They gave me a hard time inspecting my bike because one of the running lights didn't work (and it wasn't the bulb). IF it has them, they have to work. So if I had just disconnected the other running light, I'd be fine.

My Subaru also failed inspection because one of it's in-bumper fog lamps was burned out! Cars aren't even required to have fog lights, but if they are there they have to work to pass inspection. PA has never made any sense to me at all.

-Russ

·
Registered
106 Posts
VA is similar. You can have additional lights, but ONLY if they work. Also, any additional lights that aren't a single set of fogs must be covered. I remember bringing 5 old socks to the inspection station when I used to take my brother 4X4 pickup in. They didn't care what the cover was, only that it was covered. Of course, his off road lights would still have been blinding with the socks over them.

·
Registered
289 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the PA law states that IF the bike has blinkers, they have to work. If it doesn't have blinkers at all, the burden is on the rider to use hand signals as it is still illegal to turn without indicating.
+1

the other day i passed a car waiting to make a left hand turn with his arm out the window indicating so. we're called pennsyltuckians for a reason.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts