StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about doing an Iron Butt circumventing the great state of PA.

Has anyone done this?

Is there a route already established?

·
Registered
124 Posts
let me know if you decide to do it. Im not too far from lancaster, maybe I could meet up and try it with you. If I get tired I'll just follow my gps home or to the nearest hotel!

·
Registered
368 Posts
What are you thinking about. A ride out to Gettysburg then to Pittsburgh, up to Erie, then over to I guess the Grand Canyon of Pa (Leonard Harrison State Park), down to Allentown/Easton area, then to Philly, then back to Lancaster?

Also are you going to be super slabbing it all the time or is this going to be a back road tour?

Also were you thinking of camping or staying on a hotel? A hotel at least some time during the trip will allow you to get a shower and get some clothes washed if the tour is going to be long.

If people start tossing ideas into the "hat", you should be able to get a good route down.

I know there are a few places in pa that are good tours, but they are not Iron Butt. More or less a day or two trip.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cdherlils,
Looking at putting together a route. It's 24 hours, so I won't need anywhere to wash clothes or shower. I tried to put a route around PA together, using some "interesting" roads, but the problem is they are slow. That's why I was asking if anyone has put a ride together.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts