·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I've just got home with my new 2012 V-Strom. :cool:

Let the Mods begin....

1. Fitted a Top Box,
2. Adding some LED's to the Brake and Tail Light.
3. Will refit the stock seat. (Has the Suzuki low cut version)

It has an aftermarket screen fitted and it seems to be trapping exhaust fumes from traffic behind it so I'll have a play with that.

It has the stock pipes back on as part of the Roadworthy inspection so I'm tossing up whether to keep it that way or fit the Akrapovic system back on?

Attachments

·
Registered
612 Posts
Looks great Oz. I looked at a DL650XT on the Suzuki website (USA I think) and they had one in Red, I fell in love with it. I currently ride an 07 wee and it will be some time before I'm able to upgrade due to helping hubby get his new 2014 DL1000
Cheers
Sharon

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks great Oz. I looked at a DL650XT on the Suzuki website (USA I think) and they had one in Red, I fell in love with it. I currently ride an 07 wee and it will be some time before I'm able to upgrade due to helping hubby get his new 2014 DL1000
Cheers
Sharon
They had an XT at Peter Stevens in the city, according to the Suzuki website it should be all kitted out for Oz, theirs was bare bones.

Maybe it was the LAM's version?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Couldn't help myself, refitted the Akrapovic system. I've fitted the DB Killer, I got sick off having to back off every time I spotted a cop on the C50T Boulevard.

Gotta say, its the ugliest pipework I've ever seen, I'll make up some sort of cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took the bike a decent run today on a mixture of freeway, twisties and dirt roads.

Ran great, the Akrapovic with the DB Killer was great, seemed to less restricted than the stock but still had the low torque that was missing from the open system.

Still ugly though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts