StromTrooper banner
101 - 120 of 145 Posts

·
Administrator
Queensland, Australia
8,609 Posts
Last race was relief as he got the monkey off his back. This one was pure class. He excels in changeable conditions.

·
Super Moderator
4,708 Posts
I saw there was a motorcycle programme, AusMoto, on SBS TV on Sunday after SpeedWeek so I thought I’d record it and watch it later.

I gave up after less than 10 minutes. I dunno who the female presenter is but, by heck, she’s got an awful voice. I simply couldn’t bear to listen to her.

Edit: I just did a Google search and found her name is Kate Peck and she’s a model. Dunno how.
I remember her now from RPM on channel 10 - I gave up watching when she joined the presenters.

·
Administrator
Queensland, Australia
8,609 Posts
I saw there was a motorcycle programme, AusMoto, on SBS TV on Sunday after SpeedWeek so I thought I’d record it and watch it later.

I gave up after less than 10 minutes. I dunno who the female presenter is but, by heck, she’s got an awful voice. I simply couldn’t bear to listen to her.

Edit: I just did a Google search and found her name is Kate Peck and she’s a model. Dunno how.
I remember her now from RPM on channel 10 - I gave up watching when she joined the presenters.
That is amazing as I did the same. I often record television so that I can watch when it is convenient to me.
I also recorded that programme and immediately recognised the name even though she has a new hair-do. I deleted the programme after watching for a few minutes. She always acted and spoke like the audience was a bunch of twelve year old girls, and she has not improved.
If you remember she always used to do the motorcycle bits. I probably missed a few good interviews by fast forwarding her.

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Reactions: gleeful

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Well, I haven't checked out the women's riding gear, however I thought a few of the inmates might for their pillions.

I have bought a Rjays Throat Coat that I used on a blat up the Clyde last week. The neck warmer won't stretch up to my face so a balaclava or a neck warmer as well would be ideal with the winter cold. Certainly no draught of cold wind down the back of the neck.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
Hey Harry,

Yeah the Clyde Mountain road surface and width is at an all-time high at the moment! It’s a bit ordinary near Nelligen because they’re building a new bridge over the river but after that it is really smooth and grippy if you go in the afternoon. Hopefully you’ll get down for a ride soon, but please note the Kings Hwy will be closed for a month or so during work hours so they can clear the trees near the road due to the fire damage from last year.

We have had so much road work in the shire this year, at one stage it was nearly a two hour drive from Narooma to Batemans Bay! They have also nearly finished the new Bbay bridge and pulled the old one down.

If you worked on the Mountain you would know how cold and damp it gets due to very little sun in winter. The Shire miscalculated the winter weather before commencing road and bridge update between Moruya and the airport as there is little sun on the road and thus the re-opening of the road keeps being put back because their work is not drying.

Anyway, up the Clyde and down Mac Pass with you, Rolex, Brucestrom, accompanying brides and any other Stromers sounds like a good plan for the future!

101 - 120 of 145 Posts