StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been looking for a replacement for the OEM blinkers for a while. The other day I finally did the o'le "soft drop" and shattered the right front lens and cracked the housing. So,.... what better time than the present right? I found a pair of Oxford LED indicators at one of the local shops, and decided to try them out.

They were 49.95 CDN for the pair, and this included two 10 watt load resistors if you don't feel inclined to change the blinker relay.

Installation is very straight forward, I'm leaving the rear OEM indicators for now, so I didn't install the load resistors. I cut the OEM connectors off the bike side and replaced them with bullet style connectors that matched those already on the Oxford indicators. One thing I would suggest is that you buy a couple of extra nuts to use as locknuts behind the supplied nut. You cannot tighten the supplied nut down very hard, as all it does is compress the rubber stalk.

I like the profile and the flexibility.

As for brightness, I don't think they are really any brighter than the OEM indicators. IF you look absolutely directly in to the LEDs maybe, but the light doesn't radiate as well as through the OEM lenses.

It is really hard to catch both lights at full intensity, as the LEDs light instantly and the incandescents fire a little slower, but here is one of each.

And here is the pair.

So for those of you looking for lower profile, power saving indicators here is an option to ponder.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Don't the resistors negate any power saving? They just maintain the output but return it as heat. That's why you don't need to change the flasher relay. At least I think that's the case.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't the resistors negate any power saving? They just maintain the output but return it as heat. That's why you don't need to change the flasher relay. At least I think that's the case.
Absolutely, Heavy. If you don't care about saving power you can install them with the resistors and not touch anything else. If you are looking for power savings you can leave the resistors off, they come as a separate unit, and change out the flasher for one that is compatible with LED signal lights. Here is a link. http://11109.rapidforum.com/topic=110469136260

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Okay, I got you now. The last line of your first post said "lower profile, power saving indicators" but you also mentioned the resistors earlier on. I didn't understand you were suggesting running them resistorless (huh?..resistorless?) to save power. :cool:

·
Registered
51 Posts
V1Vr - I have those exact indicators on my Wee. Been on since December.
I wonder how well yours have fared?
I ask because today I noticed that the rubber portions of mine have totally perished in this short time (< five months)... see attached photo.

I've sent the photo to Oxford and going to see what they reckon. Shame as I have a set for the rear too but I'm not going to fit them if they are going to suffer the same way.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts