StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a set of Heaterz on my bike for about 6 weeks now. They are wired directly to the battery.
Yesterday when I went to use them all that happens is the blue light 30% flashes for about 2 seconds and then shuts off.
I've checked voltage at the battery and it's never under 12.6, the heaterz are wired directly to the battery, I've even used a volt meter to check the voltage at the connectors with the heaterz running engine on/off etc.. all voltage is over 12.4v
I've emailed oxford hopefully there will be an easy solution.
Any idea what the flashing blue light means?

·
Registered
40 Posts
it simply means that you don't have enough voltage.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it simply means that you don't have enough voltage.
The funny thing is I've checked the voltage between 12.4v and 12.6v, with the engine off. Higher when on and above idle. The cut out is 11.6v so I should be good to go, but no joy.

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Are you checking voltage at the connection to the grip controller or at the battery? The reason I ask is I had the same problem with the same grips and the solution was re-seating the connectors. The connection between the battery and the controller was a little loose even though they looked tight. Give that a look.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you checking voltage at the connection to the grip controller or at the battery? The reason I ask is I had the same problem with the same grips and the solution was re-seating the connectors. The connection between the battery and the controller was a little loose even though they looked tight. Give that a look.
I rechecked the connection at the controller, not a tight fit, a little tweak and they now work, thanks for the help,

·
Registered
40 Posts
No, the voltage of a battery waiting for action is not enough,... your engine has to run,... and that' a good thing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the same grips and have the same problem all you need to do is rev the bike to 3000 rpm and keep it there then turn them on and they will work fine

The voltage sensor in the grips dosent seem to like the stock wee battery

1 - 7 of 7 Posts