StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
Smooth or waffle? I have Sport and Tour. Both are okay, but I would buy the Tour - softer, more traditional. The Sport has a hard, pointy, check pattern on it that might be good under hard usage.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I can not recommend any Oxford grips. My first set went out at 12 months. A short in the right grip. Not covered under warranty because I had not applied for a warranty. Now my second set, the "new style" controller is starting to go tits up. i don't know what grips to buy next but I will stay far away from any Oxford grips.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Take the controller back to where you purchased them. Mine was a dud right out of the box and it was replaced under warranty. My first set crapped out at about the 1 year mark as well. So far so good on the second pair but I definitely kept my receipt.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I've had both the sport and tour models - the tour are definitely more comfortable, especially with thin gloves.

The one's of my Connie have been on for 71,000km now with no troubles but the grips are nearly worn out so I will have to replace them at some stage. Not sure if you can just get the grips and plug into the existing controller though...

·
Registered
302 Posts
FWIW- some places sell the Oxfords with an upgrade option to a 'heat-troller' controller instead of the standard Oxford controller. Besides being far more adjustable, and a cleaner-looking install if panel-mounted, the heat-trollers seem to be far more reliable than the Oxford controller.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts